Jode Hillman.......

Steve Sutton

OMG Jode.... Joe just sent me a picture of the finished project you were doing for him. It's STUNNING. AND I WANT ONE. so before you post it and are in undated with other "must have one" responses put me on the list.

SERIOUSLY. I'm hunting with Joe this Fall and don't do the mounted bird thing anymore and this will be a perfect substitute for a mount. And in time it wi make a GREAT URN of Drake who will be with me when I hunt with Joe.

A most excellent job to be sure

Steve

Thanks for the kind words Steve, it was definatly a project that took some thought! I am Glad Joe likes it and that it will preserve the good memories he had with Maggie.

A life sized Prairie Chicken Urn...very hollow and painted thick in oil.

Last edited:
So this is the prairie chicken you mentioned on the phone. That is cool! Not many of those running around the country I bet. Nice work!

Steve

The "KIND WORDS" included a I WANT ONE and that was as serious as the applause...I do want one so if you are up to making another one please put me on the list....and if you want me to I'm betting I could BURY YOU in order for them and Sharptails and Ruffed Grouse if you want to do them as well......

Let me know if this was a "once in a lifetime" so I know that I have to knock Joe in the head and run off with his when I'm with him this Season.....and yo wouldn't want that I'm sure....

Steve

Back