July "What's on your workbench?"

Here is a Mun Ebony call I finished up this weekend. The call is being auctioned off for a memorial fund which will go to a Lab Rescue organization;

call-466-small-A.jpg

Back side of the same call.

call-466-small-b.jpg

The auction is going on the Refuge Duck & Goose Calling Forum;
http://refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=801141

http://refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=801141

Jim, Love the elegant "feel" of that call. Nice work.

Here's a pair I recently finished and the start of the next project.

Last edited:
Jode,

Great looking Deeks! Are you using the weights on these from the mold that Kyle did for you?

Take care,

Ed L.

Yes, absolutely, I love 'em. One of the best things I've done! Sure beats the old wood molds I was using.

Here are some pics , they pour very nicely.

Cool! He'll be thrilled to hear your still using them. I remember he went though a few blanks trying to get the engravings just so.

Take care,

Ed L.

Andrew,

Thats a happy looking ringer you got there. Got an overhead shot or front?

I made some more progress on the caller, and drew a new coot head pattern last night and cut it out tonight. Had the bodies done for months, but wasn't happy with the heads I had already cut.

camera001.jpg

Chuck

Chuck there loking good mate, who is that old coot for, is it that old fart in shellrock Iowa.HeHeHe
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
Its all about Building that Bond.

Chuck there loking good mate, who is that old coot for, is it that old fart in shellrock Iowa.HeHeHe
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
Its all about Building that Bond.

Naw...he'll have to grind out some more knives if he wants more decoys :)

One of them is a Special Koot for Special K (Kristan)...were both making a pair of coot,and trading off one and keeping one for our rig giving us each a matching, mismatched pair.

Thanks
Chuck

Andrew,

Thats a happy looking ringer you got there. Got an overhead shot or front?

Chuck, these are before my progress last night, but that was pretty minor. Nothing for front angle but some overhead and back.

Ontheworkbench003-2.jpg

Ontheworkbench004.jpg

Everyone looks to be doing well in the heat of Summer. Carving bug picked up here last week it is hard to fish a lot and carve a lot too.

couple of simple gunners all wood painted in oils. In a week when the green dries I will be able to finish them up. :)

P1020776.jpg

This isn't quite the workbench, but I'll be building one of those next.
-004.jpg

-003.jpg

-002.jpg

1110 sq.ft. and I'm about half done.

Still remodeling the kitchen before I can finish the dining room and bleed into the kitchen with the floor.
Demo Started:
home004.jpg

Now:
-005.jpg

Bought the house in March and have been removing wall paper, painting ceilings, removing carpet, installing the new hardwood, resided it, regraded, removed about two dozen thorn bushes, replumbing, etc. This house hasn't been touched since the day it was built. The wall paper was horrible and in every room. I also cant stand the dark stained wood with white doors so that will all get painted parchment. I aim to be done with everything by October 1. Then I can hunt and start carving again when season closes. I have still been reading about carving and have a few new pattern and tricks to try. Gonna try and work with something other than basswood also.

Great looking work by all. Andrew, it's good to see some stuff from you again! I'm working on a rig of mallards. The low head on the right in front is from the pattern a group of us from West Michigan are working on for a painting get together in a month or so. Chuck and Dave should be posting theirs soon, right guys?

View attachment fxIMG_2776.jpg

Yikes!! Looks like I best get busy. I moved the the CAN patterns from the kitchen table to my workbench... progress...

Great looking work by all. Andrew, it's good to see some stuff from you again! I'm working on a rig of mallards. The low head on the right in front is from the pattern a group of us from West Michigan are working on for a painting get together in a month or so. Chuck and Dave should be posting theirs soon, right guys?

I went on vacation to Getaway Bay Resort in June and picked up some cedar while in upper Michigan.

While I have carved a few (very limited) blocks in cork, this would be my first attempt using cedar.

Cutting these blocks out gave me an opportunity to try out the new riser block I had just installed on my bandsaw.

IMGP0362.jpg

IMGP0361.jpg

Time to do a little hollowing.
IMGP0365.jpg

Back to the vise for the final blending after gluing the bottom board back on.
IMGP0366.jpg

IMGP0367.jpg

IMGP0368.jpg

I think I am ready to install a pair of glass eyes and then give it a first coat of sealer.

Back