Kobuk wader review

Ed L.

Supporter
With thinking about being retired now and having to be more frugal with income I researched and found KubokUSA. Their pricing seems like the thing your parents told you about if it seems to good to be true it probably is. I took a chance and ordered a pair of 1600 neoprene waders to replace my waders that finally failed. The material is the same as what Cabela's Supermag are made of and to my surprise the ankle and boot sizing is perfect for my size 10 needs. I like the shell loops and hip pockets other boots I've purchased in the past have not had. The chest pockets are fleece lined and the large chest pocket and interior chest pockets are just like Cabela's. The shoulder straps are both Velcro and clasp style. I ordered the stout size and I'm very happy with the quantity and fit. They also have a waist belt and the waste belt has a D ring for attaching your motor kill switch lanyard. After receiving the neoprene I went and ordered a pair of Breathables. I haven't actually tried them on yet but seem to be quality and for the price I'm not out much if they aren't up to snuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240128-203040.png
    Screenshot_20240128-203040.png
    520.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240128-204826-154.png
    Screenshot_20240128-204826-154.png
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I have looked at the Kobuk Uninsulated Breathable,s in the past. Almost positive they are exact same as last Cabela's Breathable,s I use to get for warm temps. Wouldn't doubt it a bit that they were the company making waders for the Cabela's Brand Name in the past much the same as Frog Togs makes the Rogers Brand Waders. Every time I tried to order online though from Kobuk there were ordering issues.

I looked at Kobuk earlier this past season and thought that the price/value looked pretty good. Now that you have reviewed them I think I'll pull the trigger because my Rogers Tuff Man have a leak in the right leg and I can't sit around wet anymore. You can't beat the price and Kobuk has been around a long time. I don't know how you could beat the 154.00 dollar price for 5 mm neo and 1600 grams thinsulate.

I checked out the website.
Impressive pricing and selection.
Do they have hip boots? Don’t see them.

I looked at Kobuk earlier this past season and thought that the price/value looked pretty good. Now that you have reviewed them I think I'll pull the trigger because my Rogers Tuff Man have a leak in the right leg and I can't sit around wet anymore. You can't beat the price and Kobuk has been around a long time. I don't know how you could beat the 154.00 dollar price for 5 mm neo and 1600 grams thinsulate.
I'm almost sure they supplied Cabelas at some point. I had heard they throw in a couple of gifts as well. With my boots I received a zipped shell holder with clips for the D rings like you used to get with the Cabelas Supermags. The shell holder actually has a Cabelas tag on them. I also recieved a neoprene dog vest. Not bad for $154.

Attachments

• Lucy vest.png
    Lucy vest.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 1
I checked out the website.
Impressive pricing and selection.
Do they have hip boots? Don’t see them.
I was hoping for hip boots too but I guess not. I had a pair of Rocky neoprene that were great for 5 seasons. Now they are discontinued.

Very curious on these as mine 1600g cabelas have a leak. Where do they define what's stout vs regular?

Very curious on these as mine 1600g cabelas have a leak. Where do they define what's stout vs regular?
When I ordered mine there was a chart for Stout fit. I'm not seeing it now but I can't remember if the chart was on another separate link. Anyway for a size 10 boot, stout chest was 48" to 52" and inseam was 32" to 34". In the photo I was wearing my normal layering which is a fleece wader bib, wicking t-shirt, fleece long sleeve pull over and a hoody of some sort.

Back