Lacrosse 2011?

AAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. BTW I want to lobby for the earlier weekend in August. Will still try to make it no matter when, always a great time.

Last edited:
Tom & Phil:
Thanks for the heads-up on Dave. I was unaware of his reputation. And to think that I have unwittingly spent several days fishing with him since last summer, even as recent as a month ago. I hope I don't get blacklisted! :>)

Tom:
There are no good excuses for not building another boat. The obvious answer to not having room is to get a bigger place. My eight boats hardly make a dent in my multi-acre yard. I figure I could always add a story or two to existing buildings if space becomes tight.

..... Heck, sitting watching the river flow past is probably a shade better than looking and listening to McCann all weekend!

Chuck

Are you really sure? Hope to attend if the CP doesn't over schedule it again.

Mark W

Question for the LaCrosse team: Should I bring my camper to enjoy the festivities the night before or show off my BBIII? Can't bring both and tents are "no longer an option". Maybe I should build a duck command center like Tom's...

Thanks.

KT

Kevin,Just throw a tent in the boat and come and enjoy,its a great time! This will be my 3rd year,always look forward to it,Brian

Kevin, One could be built for a price??
If you just bring the bedroom you can ride in my boat now that I have the lower unit on right and the gaskets all sealed up ;^)) Call me, we can plan.

If you just bring the bedroom you can ride in my boat now that I have the lower unit on right and the gaskets all sealed up ;^)) Call me, we can plan.

Tom:

I'll bring the shear pins!

KT

Door County Cherry Pie? You're IN...............The other Andrew (Holley) keeps promising to bring a cherry pie but never shows up.

Now wait one minute, I was there two years ago and brought two pies, a rhurbarb and door county cherry, I cann't help it if you wimped out after one day and didn't stay for Saturday.

And yes, I wimped out last year, two kids and the youngest still in diapers would not have made for a fun trip. However, I expect to make it this year, hopefully camping over. Although not sure what I am bring, I am looking forward to trying that apple pie.

Last edited:
SO do I bring the 20' Honker with layouts... or the TDBish 14? Both have been there.... or do I bring nothing?

Tom:

I'll bring the shear pins!

KT

With Tom you better bring the chain for the motor. Tee hee.

Mark W

hey guys! Sorry for the long time out of commission here.

The date is set. Saturday, August 6

Shelter #2 (same as last year).

Rick

Mark and Kevin. You guys are soooo funny I forgot to laugh. If I try to run through the kind of crap I did at Pelican maybe I should make some stainless sheer pins and the 25 is securly bolted on so Murphy will have to find something else to taunt me with. Lacrosse is good place to find the weak points and fix/improve before the season. (That would be my "half full glass statement " for the year.

Mark and Kevin. You guys are soooo funny I forgot to laugh. If I try to run through the kind of crap I did at Pelican maybe I should make some stainless sheer pins and the 25 is securly bolted on so Murphy will have to find something else to taunt me with. Lacrosse is good place to find the weak points and fix/improve before the season. (That would be my "half full glass statement " for the year.
Tom:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I haven't laughed that hard in weeks! It's only funny because nothing truly bad really happened...I mean when I went to Pelican with you I learned three very valuable lessons:
  1. Shear pins really do work...and it's probably best to take along about six sets of them per outing.
  2. Emergency cutoff tethers also work, and are vital and necessary safety equipment.
  3. Overheating due to faulty water pumps can really suck. At least until somebody else is kind enough to tow you back to the launch.
I'm glad you or anybody else on this forum wasn't there to witness my next BBIII voyage, when, after parking the truck at the top of the ramp I started running, waiving my arms like a madman and yelling "put the plug in! put the plug in!" My son didn't have a clue what I was ranting about until the water in the boat got up to his ankles.

And at the end of the season, my other son deadpanned, "That's about a four thousand dollar duck" when all I had to show at the end of the season was one Mallard after building a custom duck boat with motor, trailer and "the works"...but it was well worth it. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

It ain't about killing ducks after all.

KT

Heck, sitting watching the river flow past is probably a shade better than looking and listening to McCann all weekend!

Chuck

I'm gonna show up this year just so I can let everybody feel sorry for me since I've gotta work with him everyday... ha ha

Here are some links to the Goose Island Campground websites.

For contact information and reserving a site: http://www.lacrossecountycamping.com/

For campground map: http://www.co.la-crosse.wi.us/Departments/Facilities/Documents/GICampLayout.pdf
Pete, Tom: Do you guys remember which site numbers you had last year?

For the park map with location of the shelter: http://www.co.la-crosse.wi.us/Departments/Facilities/Documents/GIPrkMap.pdf

I've reserved Shelter #2 to be opened up at 10am Saturday morning (August 6). I think we started at noon last year, but I'm not sure.

FYI: I had a real hassle reserving the site this year. It seems that there were some complaints last year about a rowdy gang of pie eaters that trashed some of the shelters--all the usual stuff, pie tins tossed everywhere, cheese wrappers, ice cream smeared on the walls, plastic forks inserted in places they don't belong. It's the sort of thing you always see when pie eating gets out of hand. Anyway, I assured them that we would keep our pie eating under control. Still, the rules state that no one can eat more than five pieces of pie at one sitting. And they are going to set up check points at the park entrance to test blood glucose levels. They don't want anyone driving back from the event under the influence of baked apples.

Rick

Back