LaCrosse DHBP get together

Joe Lane

Well I've been extemely busy with work and family this summer and have not had time to frequent this site. Anyway, last night I saw an article in the Lacrosse paper about the gathering this weekend. I'm glad I did otherwise I would have totally missed it. My son has a hockey game across the river in LaCrecent Sunday so we may swing down and check things out. If it works out I'll pull my boat along. I look forward to seeing you guys again.

Link to duckboat gathering in LaCrosse story:

Hey, I just noticed my name as a listed boat in the linked article that didn't show up in the printed draft I read last night. Cool, now I'll tell the better half I have to go. Thanks Rick.

Joe Lane

Joe,

I'm glad you can join us. The story you linked contains several errors. It is based on an email I sent to our local outdoors news editor about a month ago. The article says that Sam Devlin is coming, and he is not. I wrote in my email that there would be several boats designed by Sam Devlin, and I listed a number of boats and builders that might attend based on people who have attended in the past and/or expressed some interest in attending this year.

Anyway, a few guys will be arriving tonight, some more tomorrow, and then most of the folks on Sunday. The gathering is Sunday noon-4pm at Goose Island, Shelter #5. Same place as last year.

Rick

Back