Layering under waders

Jason ,

Good choice of waders for sure , my 1st waders were the same as yours and lasted for 10 years !! And i put them through the ringer , i replaced them with the same after the boot finally gave in to leaking . As for layering under the waders i use Cabelas wader pants always been warm and comfortable no matter how cold , good luck

Dave M

I have always had cold feet & lost a lot of time afield because of that. I've tried everything ( there's not enough time 2 list them all) and hothands toe warmers on top of 1 pair of smart wool socks & trust me your feet will be fine, occasionally I will shake my feet to re-activate the warmer. As for the legs it's variable on temps & activity

I only wear 5mm waders in late season hunting temps in the 10*-30* range in the daytime. I wear polyester fleece to wick moisture. I can really work up a sweat sometimes. The fleece next to my skin always feels dry. Even when the inside of the waders are soaked. There are plenty of $ wader pants out there that work great. I have found cheap fleece works very well. Camo polar fleece, Old Navy fleece, or fleece lined jeans. Just don't wear fleece uncovered when walking in to hunt, it will pick up every burr and sticker in the area. For my feet I like a pair of polypropolene liners with adhesive toe warmers on top of the liner, Under a pair of heavy merino wool socks. I am in and out of the water constantly and my waders will freeze stiff like the tin man but I am warm.

Back