Live bald eagle nest cam

Chris S.

A family member showed me this site. It is a pair of bald eagles in Decorah Iowa that have nested. They have a live web cam watching them 24hrs a day Its awesome to watch them in a natural habitat. A few weeks ago the one eagle brought back a rabit for dinner. I can't seem to stop watching now. I am really looking foward to when the babied hatch. Check it out the site is www.ustream.tv/channel/decorah-eagles Enjoy ! !

Every few hours you will see the male and female switch who is sitting on the eggs. They move around and sit down and do this little shimmy to get in the right spot then pull the twigs and grass in closer to them to make a seal to keep the warmth in. its crazy that they do this same thing every time they switch

An interesting aspect about this particular nest is it's location. It overlooks the DNR trout hatchery ponds.

This pair of eagles will hunt the ponds for a portion of their meals, which does to a certain degree cut into the number of fish being raised in said ponds. The upside to this is that the eagles will protect their hunting territory from other eagles and fish eating birds so,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the ponds end up feeding only one pair of eagles rather than several birds of prey.

Very cool! I have been to Decorah once, when I was a young lad! We used to go there every year with my great grandma Cora Jacobson. I must say, I have a lot of Norwegian in my blood! How's the the Troll population down there these days?

Thanks so much for this. I am enjoying it. Modern technology is so wonderful. My one wish would be that my father would still be alive to witness all of this.
Al

Back