Long Time Member Chris Pratt Passes Away

Eric Patterson

Staff member
Chris was very active in the early days of the site and after he built a Devlin got bit by the decoy carving bug. I had a chance to meet him on a business trip and he was even nicer in person than on the phone. A very likeable guy who had a strong passion for all things waterfowl and wasn't scared to dive into big projects and always ended up turning out some really nice work. I really hate to hear cancer got him. He was only 50 years old. May peace be with you.

http://www.ciavarellifuneralhomes.com/obituary/Christopher-D.-Pratt/North-Wales-PA/1300234

Sorry to read this.
One of the nice guys from 'back in the day' on the forum. Cancer sucks! My condolences to his family and friends.

Tim

Eric, I was sorry to hear the news that Chris had passed. I hunted with him several times over the years and he had a great love for the outdoors and was a genuinely good guy. Prayers for his family and friends.

Being a survivor myself and, losing a brother last year who was only 50, I understand the sting and loss of that wicked disease. Only God can heal those wounds. May His peace be with Chris' family. Pat

Philippians 4:7 - And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Hate seeing this stuff. Found out yesterday a co-worker is in advance stages. Also 50 years old! My thoughts go out to the family.

Eric,

I just saw this and it hurts. I met Chris through the forum when I lived in Allentown, PA. That was the time he was working on his BBII. Chris was an artist and his craftsmanship was amazing!! He was an incredibly kind person and loved his children dearly. He and Rich Young came to KY to hunt with me about 5 years ago and we had an amazing time.

Too young and too soon.

Steve

Sure makes one appreciate the gift of each new day and the privilege of another season. Condolences to Chris' family.

Wow, I am so sorry to here this. I met Chris through this forum, we would meet up at decoy shows from time to time. He and I would BS on the phone like teenagers, about decoys, ducks, hunting and family and have fond memories of those calls. I hadn't spoken to him in a number of years but would often think about him and his talents and passion for all things duck hunting. I have thought about reaching out to him in that time and check in and regrettably now I never did. My condolences to his family, he will sorely will be missed.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, may he rest peacefully in the big duck blind in the sky......

I haven't been keeping up with the site for some time and started to look up some of my old friends from here. Hearing of Chris's passing was a complete shock to me. He was a great guy. I had a fun weekend fishing with him and Steve McCullough one weekend in PA years ago, and he and a few friends came up to fish the salt out in Eastern CT and RI one time. He will be missed.

So true, I ended up with alot of Chris carving stuff through a mutual friend. So sad going thru all his patterns and half completed projects. I'll say it again, he was a great guy and I was the better for knowing him............

I never met him, but it appears he left quite an impression on so many here. It is evident he had a very positive effect on many.

My heart goes out to all who mourn.

Back