Looking for opinions...Acrylic custom duck calls

Stevey

Hello guys, i know this post will have a bunch of opinions and id love to hear ALL of them but im looking for a good all around acrylic custom duck call, ive been checking out gander valley, gaston, mayday, calef calls, commited custom, c and s, darkwing, c and w, black timber, and more etc....ive contacted some of them already but im looking for other hunters opinions of a good custom acrylic thats great craftmanship/quality, easy to use but also has a nasty ducky sound and is great for more timber hunting. Open to all opinions, please post any information and opinions! Love to hear what you guys like and dont like and reasons, appreciate all the information and experience here!

I would get in touch with Steve from North Bay Game calls. I usually use my cheap duck commander call, but the last day of the season I may have "borrowed" my fathers call from Steve... Let me just say it made a world of difference, instead of ducks coming for a brief fly by they were committed to the spread, and turned back much easier.

I have to second that. His calls are what I would call a hybrid. Plastic inserts and barrel tube with a wood barrel surround. I believe they are acrylic but not 100%.

Check our Bob Furia's calls - double reed - don't take much air - very ducky sounding with a little practice! Practice is the secret to all calls!

Please keep them coming guys, or if theres other guys who make calls let me know! Id prefer all acrylic but id love more opinions!

Flying aces Shannon Smith has nice calls
The Ace

Looking for the best poly-acrylic double reed meat call in the world?

The Ace is a double reed call that can talk dirty when you want to and seductive all the time. The Ace gives the caller a tremendous amount of control, from nasty feed and low-end work to smooth and crisp hail calls.

Bobby Hayes Ducklander Calls...Nasty and easy blowing. Stabilized wood available also. I started on one of his hedge con artist calls and bought a Stablized LT handcut. These are so ducky. Incredibe customer service too.

I appreciate replies so far, i know there has to be dozens of custom calls you guys love out there, lets hear! Ive bought a call from Bob before, beautiful sound and wood, and i sent steve a message, any other opinions out there?

Thanks for the plug Connor. That call your dad has actually has a polycarb insert made by Echo Inserts. I no longer use those inserts unless somebody specifically request them, I'm making all of my own inserts now...no acrylic though...Sorry Stevey, I have no desire on my part to ever use acrylic in my calls. I believe MLBob's calls also use the Echo inserts as well from what I have seen. Maybe he can elaborate more if he offers something in acrylic.

Good luck with your search,
Steve

Allan Stanley deceiver, Allans Dirty girl, Echo poly timber, RNT, C&S, all make easy to run great sounding calls imo best thing to do is get to an outdoor show with lots of call maker vendors and blow blow blow. I'll personally spend 3-4 hours trying calls. Even stores like cabelas, bass pro, gander, Macks Pw have a call case you can try out Calls before you buy.
Stay away from cut down style calls they take a ton of well placed air to run. stick with a double

[/url] https://youtu.be/QEiscVzRaPo

Last edited by a moderator:
RM Custom Calls - if you want a single reed
Betts - TreeHugger or RoughCut if you want a double. Wayne's RoughCut is my favorite call.

It'll be a while for either guy to make you a custom. They may have some perturbed if you don't want something "special"

Anyone know the closest calling show to CT, otherwise its gona be cabelas and bass pro :( lol
Tuckerton in the fall. Or come down to the site meetup in may I'll have a plethora of calls there too

Back