Meet Max

TimJ

Max is from a field bred Shih Tzu line. I'm told his parents can handle ducks and pheasants fine but that I might need two of them if I go goose hunting. Deuce is a bit scared of him as you can see. Those dark eyes are intimidating.
Unfortunately I'm only puppysitting...er...I mean, training him for the next 2 weeks. They are a rare breed.
1000003581.jpg

You laugh about this, but there was an old man who hunts with us who had a jack russell terrier. He would sit in the blind with the labs and just hang out. We dumped a bunch geese, one landed on the ice. Labs are out fetching and next thing you know, this jack russel is dragging this greater across the ice and got it to the bank and a lab finally ran over and picked it up. It was awesome to watch for sure.

You laugh about this, but there was an old man who hunts with us who had a jack russell terrier. He would sit in the blind with the labs and just hang out. We dumped a bunch geese, one landed on the ice. Labs are out fetching and next thing you know, this jack russel is dragging this greater across the ice and got it to the bank and a lab finally ran over and picked it up. It was awesome to watch for sure.
Jack Russells might have been what Mark Twain was talking about. "It doesn't matter the size of the dog in the fight, rather the size of the fight in the dog." They can be some very determined dogs.

My in-laws have a Shih Tzu. Nicest little dog you could ever have-perfect for an elderly couple, but not much of a retriever. Loves chewing on balls, but won't chase one, and if you toss one towards him he ducks instead of catching.

I was only joking this being the first week of april...but lo and behold

1000003601.jpg

Max is a natural.
He is a good pup. My sister has done a good job with him for only being 5 months old. But boy is this pup tiring out this guy and his old dog. We will be ready for him to go home next weekend

He's a cutie.

I house sat a shih tzu once. He was a spoiled rotten monster. I would take him on his walk and he expected to be carried when he decided he was "done". I got lotsa odd looks dragging the monster across the marble floors of the reception area of the condo building he lived in.

I once staffed a booth at the Maine Sportsmen's Show right after my mother acquired a Boston terrier puppy. I can't remember why, but she needed me to puppy sit that weekend, so I sat in my booth with "Nicholas" in a crate. (For the record, he was not a dog I ended up liking much. LOL!) He got as much attention as the pointers and spaniels and labs. Kids loved him.

I once staffed a booth at the Maine Sportsmen's Show right after my mother acquired a Boston terrier puppy. I can't remember why, but she needed me to puppy sit that weekend, so I sat in my booth with "Nicholas" in a crate. (For the record, he was not a dog I ended up liking much. LOL!) He got as much attention as the pointers and spaniels and labs. Kids loved him.

Over the past 20 years I have somehow become my families go to puppy sitter. I've been lucky that all the dogs I've watched I've ended up liking. A couple were a little trying at times but they got with the routine.

Most kids like dogs of any kind, even more so if the dog is smaller then they are. Those Boston Terriers can be a little bit of a one person dog. I remember when I was young that my parents had friends who had 2 of them. They were friendly enough but always gave off a weird vibe.

Back