Midwest Decoy Collectors Show, April 27, 28...

Pat Gregory

We have quite a line up of painting and carving demos this year. Schedule is as follows...
  • Friday, April 27th @ 5:00pm - Pat Meneely - Detailing a decoy in oils.
  • Saturday, April 28th @ 10:00am - Geoff Vine - Painting a traditional decoy in oils.
  • Saturday, April 28th @ noon - Marty Hanson and Cameron McIntyre - Team carve a traditional decoy.
We also a decoy display by exhibiting carvers and, have a focused exhibit of a layout gunning rig.

Hope you can join us at the Pheasant Run Mega Center in St. Charles, Illinois...

Pat,
I was really looking forward to coming down to the show but now have a bit of a conflict. Its trout opening weekend that weekend and I had a friend ask the family to go camping and fishing for the weekend. Its looking like the fishing trip is going to win out. Our friends have had quite a bad year and I can't pass up the chance to spend some good times with them finally.

Maybe I can put a trip together to come visiting you and some of the shops down that way before the weather turns warm.

Geoff, Sorry I was really looking forward to talking more and seeing you paint but I just would not feel right not spending time with them.

If the weather is to cold for camping here that weekend we will still head down but otherwise I will be on the side of a stream.

Pat

I'm finishing up the decoy I will paint at the show...

It will look a lot like the one below. I will be painting it from stem to stern with oils for those who are interested in that process. I hope a bunch of folks pull up chairs and ask questions. See you soon!

11-BW03-3.jpg

I hope a bunch of folks pull up chairs and ask questions.

Geoff, my friend, you're lucky I can't make it, or I'd sit in the front row and heckle you with questions like "What grit sand paper do you prefer?" or "How many sheets do you go through on a decoy that size?"

Enjoy the show to all of you that can make it...I'll be stuck at work.

Best
Chuck

Geoff - That will be awesome! At such a vintage show, I am very excited that all these traditional collectors will get to see a die hard traditional decoy maker. I believe there will be plenty of interest. Working on the same venue as Marty Hanson and Cameron McIntyre, you'll be in great company.

Brandon - Sorry to hear you can't make it. Come on down anytime... Pat

Last edited:
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
I hope a bunch of folks pull up chairs and ask questions.
Geoff, my friend, you're lucky I can't make it, or I'd sit in the front row and heckle you with questions like "What grit sand paper do you prefer?" or "How many sheets do you go through on a decoy that size?"

Enjoy the show to all of you that can make it...I'll be stuck at work.

Best
Chuck [/quote]

Coming from you Chuck, I'm sure Geoff would consider those to be serious questions, rather than heckling.

[/font]

Back