Momarsh fatboy bottom ?

Rick Henderson

Cabelas has the fatboy momarsh in the 2011 waterfowl catalog and it claims to have a self-balancing tunnel hull. I cant seem to find a photo to get a good look at it . Just wondering if it was just a way to stiffen the hull or a marketing pitch or both. Anyone have any photos or input on the tunnels? Thinking of putting tunnels on my next build for stiffness and to reduce surface friction if nothing else.

Rick,

Here are a couple pics of my old Fatboy hull. I just bought a DP model and love it! The tunnel design adds a lot of stiffness and strength to the design of the hull. I think the second bonus is some more water flow towards the prop - but it's not like you're using a outboard jet. Overall the boats are quite flat and 48" wide. That alone makes them very stable. I wouldn't hesitate calling Ira or finding a boat in your area to check out. You'd be impressed with the build quality and design.

[inline img_2862.jpg]

[inline img_2864.jpg]

I hope pics helped:)

View attachment IMG_2862.JPG
View attachment IMG_2864.JPG

Thanks charles but i kinda know what i want. I was just wondering how much it plays a part in self balance as advertised. Do they all have tunnels? Do the new ones look different ???

Like Dave said, the design stiffens the hull and adds more displacement to the sides which helps with stability. Feel free to call me if you have other questions.

Thanks, Ira

314-800-8669

Back