NDR-3 hr. cruise with SS Minnow

quane

Well I launched the SS Minnow yesterday. It's the boat that the Gilligan's Island crew got lost in on their famous "3-hour cruise"
I also built a fishing cabin, to make it look more like a NW fishing boat.
Boat is about 30" long, wood strip over frames, and has dual Grauppner 400 motors. Kids like to run it around the local pond.

2921743144_fbb96bd9ef.jpg

Here's another view:
2920897493_a12503bfc3.jpg

In action:
2921743352_0aef3c4d0a.jpg

Here is the boat with the other cabin
2920897857_1f64560ca9.jpg

Were you just mocking up a design you intend to build or just a toy for the kids? I like the lines of that boat. If you have the name of the design in full scale (if there is one) I would appreciate it.

Nice job on it by the way.

Ever do a steam engine "Putt Putt" boat? Kids love those and they make great science fair projects.

http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/index.html

check out his stuff, my kids loved the boat and won first place ta boot.

Thanks for the comments. The boat is a Pat Tritle Design, I bought the plans from him, and can get you his contact information if you would like. Good full-scale plans, less than $15 if I remember right. I might be able to find the original plans as well and get them to you if you are interested. I don't plan on making a full-size model, this was just so I could build a boat indoors during the winter. It was fun to do.

The putt-putt boat looks intriguing! I will try that one for sure. thanks for the link.
Dave

Back