NDR glue question

Dave B

Hey all,

Looking for a suggestion for a glue that will hold plastic but that is heat resistant. Have an older pair of cross country skis that has the p-tex bottom starting to delaminate from the ski body. So, I need a glue to reset them. Must be able to stick to plastic but be able to take heat when a glide wax is hot ironed into the p-tex bottom once it has been re-attached.

any thoughts?

thanks in advance .

dave b

I'd use epoxy, that iron's not on long enough to soften the bond, I'd think. I actually got my skis out last year during elk season, then thought better of trying to ski on our steep little hills with a rifle.

I'd probably run with one of the Alpha Cyanoacrylates....superglues but on the ones from a model airplane hobby shop. Medium thick would be my choice for that. The bond will depend upon the plastic in the ski.
Have you checked to see what the ski manufacturer might recommend?
Lou

Most epoxy can be softened and weakened with heat, but I do no think that the heat from waxing a ski will cause enough damage to release the bond. I am not sure that epoxy will stick/bond to a p-tex plastic base.. You might want to ask around a ski pro shop and see if they have any ideas.

Back