NDR Sage Story

Jake

Update! Sage has been in the outdoor kennel now for three nights. All was well until the second night. My son and I went to put her to bed. Zach was carrying Sage and I had the flashlight. Zach entered the kennel and stopped dead in his tracks. Laying stretched out by the water was a 3.5 ft diamondback. Yup! He new what to do and was back with the 9mm bird shot in a flash.
Dang things always seem to show up at the worst times. Spent the day snake proofing the kennel. If one wants to get in im sure it can but its going to have a very difficult time. Normally have 6 snakes per year. We are behind schedule this year which is fine with me. 2 and counting. Last one about got Zach while he was doing yard work. Here's a pic of Sage getting her belly rubbed.

CRAZY EYES!!!!!!!

View attachment Sage Belly Rub 035.jpg

That's my boy! I'm so proud:)

View attachment Sage Belly Rub 034.jpg

Good grief, Jake, sounds like she needs to learn a lot in a big hurry! Sure glad you guys did some inspecting before opening that door. Seems to me that Zach was a lot taller than you so that is one big crate. Cool shot.
When does your vet say that she can be vaccinated for rattlesnake bite? Hey, Jake, do you want me to show this crazy eyes pic to her dad, Chaco?
Al

YIKES! Good thing Sage's instincts kicked in & he backed up.

Back