NDR-The Fish Were Biting

Carl

Staff member
Tooks a mental health day off from work and went offshore on my favorite party boat. Only 15 of us on a boat that can fish 70.
One heck of day. Seas 1-2', light breeze and fish were biting.
Brought home 43 keepers, including a nice lane snapper, hogfish, some huge white grunts and porgies, along with some other "panfish". Threw back about 10 short red and gag grouper, and some smaller grunts. Lost another keeper hogfish at the boat.
If you ever get down to Clearwater FL during the off season (not summer or spring break, let me know and I'll set you up. Might even tag along.

IMG_0833.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

Come down in late fall/winter and go out on this boat. Take a couple of dozen fiddler crabs and you'll most likely catch more than one!
I was using live shrimp landed 4 hogs but only one keeper.

Tooks a mental health day off from work and went offshore on my favorite party boat. Only 15 of us on a boat that can fish 70.
One heck of day. Seas 1-2', light breeze and fish were biting.
Brought home 43 keepers, including a nice lane snapper, hogfish, some huge white grunts and porgies, along with some other "panfish". Threw back about 10 short red and gag grouper, and some smaller grunts. Lost another keeper hogfish at the boat.
If you ever get down to Clearwater FL during the off season (not summer or spring break, let me know and I'll set you up. Might even tag along.

View attachment 55352
View attachment 55356

View attachment 55353

View attachment 55354

View attachment 55355
Carl,
Your fish beat my fish. Plus, I'll bet your lines were not freezing in the guides, the first hour of the day.

Attachments

• 20240419_080652.jpg
    20240419_080652.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Very nice Dave! I really miss trout fishing the small streams back up in northeast PA.

Got back out Saturday, tested out my new trolling motor/battery setup. Doesnt use much power even at high, went about 3 miles, mostly on high and only used 1/5th of my battery reserve. But sure is slow, 3.5 mph. Might need to tweak the transom angle, maybe see if I can get a different prop.
But I also didn't have to dislocate my shoulder trying to get that old merc started and didn't breath two stroke fumes all day.
One order of fish tacos coming up:
IMG_0878.JPG

Carl,
I went on a Grouper charter several years ago out of Indian River. The first one caught, this northern boy lipped it like a largemouth bass. Shredded my thumb. The old boy next to me laughed his ass off. Didn't know they had teeth.

RVZ

Back