Need a reference for a Goose Guide in Illinois

Steve Sutton

for a good friend in Florida......if anyone knows of one please shoot me a name either here or on PM......

Thanks in advance.......

Steve

Steve - Sadly, the number of guides is diminishing here in Illinois. Recently, we've seen even some name guides go out of business. Sad testimony. Probably a number of factors in play there. Any idea what zone here in Illinois your friend plans on hunting - North, Northeast, Central, South Central or Southern? Thanks! Pat

Steve, Find out when your friend wants to hunt . There are different flocks of Canada geese that come through at different times. In the North part of the state around the WI line there are guide services that I will check into.

Pat and Bob......thanks for the responses...I will find out this evening when and where and get back with you....

Steve

I think Jay Anglin (google Anglin Outdoors) only guides for geese in Indiana and Michigan but he might have connections in Illinois. If the friend wants to go to Indiana I know Jay gets on a lot of late season geese there.

Tim

I thought of Jay immediately and wish the friend was going to Indiana cause I know Jay would put him on birds........the trip is a family thing and not a real hunting trip unfortunately.....
Thanks for the suggestion though.......

Steve

Spoke to my friend about his desire to Goose hunt this Fall. His brother lives in Chicago which was the reason that he had said Illinois but he is not tied to that State and is happy to travel in that area for a good hunt.

Reached out to Jay Anglin via phone and e-mail but he has not responded so if anyone has any thoughts on a reference for a good Goose Guide anywhere in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky I would sure appreciate the contact info

Thanks in advance

Steve

Back