Need help regarding hunting in Massachusetts

We hunted with my boat in RI. Very reasonable licenses and had no issues. There were a few either around in January but not that many. I have not hunted Massachusetts in 20 years, and that was with a guide. The one thing I will say, there is far more Lobster to be had in restaurants in Massachusetts then in Rhode Island in January

the above input is on the money. i'd ask you what you plan on hunting off of, perhaps i missed it, but i heard no mention of you bringing a boat etc. i'm no help for a walk in spot but can easily share info on a spot with a seaworthy BBSB or something of the sort. as was stated above, the tidal swings are something to be respected.

otherwise, i'd add that in january you can deal with ice and such dependant of course on the weather etc. good luck. there are lots there and i've paddled right up to them in the summer time on a kayak...theyre not the most wary.

a duckboss 15 should do well out there, of course youll always have to respect the weather and conditions etc, but i've used a 12' BBSB with a 15hp outboard and done just fine. i ignorantly sold it before last season so now i'm at a deficit for that style hunting and not sure that i'll be heading up there this year for seaducks specifically. perhaps i'll get with a guide. Good luck!

Back