Need help with identification of hull

Tario Steve

Picked this boat up in Ontario, Canada. It's about 14' long and 4' beam, really heavy and all fiberglass. Seems as though someone has performed some mediocre repairs, and has painted over with fiberglass that is flaking off the "original?" gel coat. Emailed Bankes Boats as the seller stated they believed it to be one of their models, but it is not a Bankes boat from my email communication with the company. Can anyone lead me to the manufacturer? Greatly appreciate any leads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230102_163554_Kijiji.jpg
    Screenshot_20230102_163554_Kijiji.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20230102_163559_Kijiji.jpg
    Screenshot_20230102_163559_Kijiji.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230108_101731.jpg
    20230108_101731.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20230102_163548_Kijiji.jpg
    Screenshot_20230102_163548_Kijiji.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230108_101739.jpg
    20230108_101739.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230108_101727.jpg
    20230108_101727.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20230102_163610_Kijiji-1.jpg
    Screenshot_20230102_163610_Kijiji-1.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20230102_163641_Kijiji.jpg
    Screenshot_20230102_163641_Kijiji.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 25
Ducky

I think Todd answered your question accurately. Please take note we have very few rules here at duckboats.net, but the one rule members appreciate the most is the one requiring you use your real name. Please update your info. Thanks and welcome to the site.

Ducky I think Todd answered your question accurately. Please take note we have very few rules here at duckboats.net, but the one rule members appreciate the most is the one requiring you use your real name. Please update your info. Thanks and welcome to the site.

Please note that I have posted that I did notice your rule after signing up, and that it is not allowing a change until Jan. 11th or after. I did state that once allowed I will be known as Tario Steve. That post was posted yesterday at approx. 10:22p.m..

If you can provide instructions on how to override the Jan. 11th allowance, I would be more than happy to perform the name change earlier.

Please note that I have posted that I did notice your rule after signing up, and that it is not allowing a change until Jan. 11th or after. I did state that once allowed I will be known as Tario Steve. That post was posted yesterday at approx. 10:22p.m..

If you can provide instructions on how to override the Jan. 11th allowance, I would be more than happy to perform the name change earlier.
Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't aware the admin panel had that setting in place. I removed it. Try now.

I just approved it. Thanks and sorry for the confusion. We are all getting used to this new place.
No worries, it's sorted out and we're good to go! Have a great day, we're all learning everyday, and I a glad the forum is back up and running! Great job to those in the background making it happen.

Welcome aboard!
If I remember correctly, back in the day, the main complaint about those boats was the weight.
But otherwise I seem to remember they were very stable and shallow draft.
Does anyone on the site still have one?

I bought a used trailer for it recently. Hoping that I'll have time come spring to get all the loose fiberglass resin painted on the boat off, make a push pole, and possibly add a small longtail to help get through the marsh vegetation, and make the trailer a tilt trailer for the displacement hull on it, & to help get into the marshes and small water bodies that dont have launches. Did not believe it was a momarsh because the cockpit does not taper, but stays straight like the four rivers. If anyone does have one and can post pictures of theirs I would greatly appreciate it.

Tario

I think there are some Momarsh fatboy pictures in the marsh boat section of the specs archive. The link below points you there. You have to click a few more times to get to the info/pictures but they are there.

Picked this boat up in Ontario, Canada. It's about 14' long and 4' beam, really heavy and all fiberglass. Seems as though someone has performed some mediocre repairs, and has painted over with fiberglass that is flaking off the "original?" gel coat. Emailed Bankes Boats as the seller stated they believed it to be one of their models, but it is not a Bankes boat from my email communication with the company. Can anyone lead me to the manufacturer? Greatly appreciate any leads.
I had that Identical hull some years back. My title said 1998 Four Rivers Refuge Runner. The Momarsh DP to the best of my knowledge was always a a metal motor transom. Both boats were produced being modeled after the Kara Hummer.

Rethinking it, you might be on the right track. I had a 4 Rivers 9’6” model and remember now that they made a larger hull too.

Rethinking it, you might be on the right track. I had a 4 Rivers 9’6” model and remember now that they made a larger hull too.
If memory serves the Refuge Runner was originally built by a company called Kitco. Then was renamed the Refuge Runner. Ira McCauley came out with the Momarsh Fatboy which I had two versions of then introduced the Momarsh DP. After issues came up with his builder near St. Louis he had his boats built by Four Rivers. When Four Rivers started producing more of their own boats they stopped building Momarsh boats. Four Rivers original owner sold out a few years ago and I don't know who is building the Momarsh boats now. I'm not sure what input Ira has anymore with Momarsh after the merger with Higdon or maybe Higdon is a Momarsh company. It hard to keep it all straight.... 😂

Last edited:
I had that Identical hull some years back. My title said 1998 Four Rivers Refuge Runner. The Momarsh DP to the best of my knowledge was always a a metal motor transom. Both boats were produced being modeled after the Kara Hummer.
I did not believe it to be a Four Rivers Refuge Runner due the the whale back style at the transom. All the pics I have seen it seems to be flat back there. Possibly, all the pictures I have seen were of newer models.

Any idea of what your boat plate rated the transom h.p. at?

I did not believe it to be a Four Rivers Refuge Runner due the the whale back style at the transom. All the pics I have seen it seems to be flat back there. Possibly, all the pictures I have seen were of newer models.

Hi Steve. Here are a couple of photos of my old Refugee Runner. The 3rd picture is a Kitco Refuge Runner currently for sale in Iowa. You should be able to make out the whale tail. It was rated for a 2.5hp. I believe they are still rated for a 2.5hp motor.

Attachments

• 20151214_175945.jpg
    20151214_175945.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20151214_180008.jpg
    20151214_180008.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Kitco Refuge Runner.jpg
    Kitco Refuge Runner.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Hi Steve. Here are a couple of photos of my old Refugee Runner. The 3rd picture is a Kitco Refuge Runner currently for sale in Iowa. You should be able to make out the whale tail. It was rated for a 2.5hp. I believe they are still rated for a 2.5hp motor.
Looks a lot like that Kitco with the lip of the combing turned into the boat. Wow, thank you so very much!

Looks a lot like that Kitco with the lip of the combing turned into the boat. Wow, thank you so very much!
Yep, they all have the turned in lip. Even the new ones. My 1998 had the edge guard like they do today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240101-113836.png
    Screenshot_20240101-113836.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 3

499lbs
2HP

Should be a hidden HIN number below the front or rear of the cockpit on the underside of the deck.

Last edited:
Back