New guy sayin Hi.....

Hi guys, have been reading and searching this forum the past few days and I have been tossing around making my own but now reading and seeing how many of you produce such nice boats I am def. going to start my process of deciding on a boat to build. Just sayin hi form the new guy here. Also have any of you made boats out of exotic hardwoods for display or showcases. Ex. curly maple burl, big leaf maple burl, birdseye maple, bastone walnut just to name a few.

Welcome aboard Richie. This is a great site, with a ton of really great guys on it. I hope you find it as helpful as I have.

Where are you from?

Hey New Guy:
Welcome to "duck hunting 101 plus". While it isn't made of exotic it is a great display model (according to those who have ordered one) and lots of fun to build.
The scale is 1inch=1foot and its from scaled down plans from the plans of the boat I'm about to build. If you want any informatiion - let me know.
Regards
Ron
PS where abouts in PA?

Ed made a model of a boat that he was thinking of building. It is a good exercise to work out problems you may encounter in building a full sized boat. Especially if you were designing a boat or making modifications to an existing plan.Pentex 039 (Small).jpg

Hey there, you’ll want to get with Sutton to get your free duck boat. All new guys get a free duck boat, I think the choices are a Scaup or a black brant. Too bad though ,when I first started with the site the choices were much more, I got a 24 foot mother boat for layout hunting. Great group of guys. That’s all Sutton does is stay at home and build boats for new guys. He is just one of those guys who likes to give out the kindness of his heart………..any way welcome.

Now thats just sad, I throw it out there and not even a wise crack response...... man!! SUTTON YOU GETTING TIRED IN YOUR OLD AGE OR WHAT?

Back