New man cave

Jon Zuccolo

Pics of the place where I hope to spend some time carving decoys...

Might try carving wood this time.

No inside pics, the spiders control that territory still.

Jon~

Congratulations! Setting it up can be as much fun as using it. Hope you can find a spot for a little wood stove in there before next fall.

All the best,

SJS

A little insulation...

A little putty... a little paint...

Workbench...

Dirty up the floor a little...

Man I see a LOT of potential!

Congratulations!

Can't wait to see more progress photos!

Jon

It'll be a good project (one of many at the new place). It seems to even have decoy racks in the back.

I found a bunch of cool little treasures in there, mostly of the rusty variety, but definitely some cool stuff (old tools, old farm stuff, sharpening stone etc etc).

Good luck, Jon. Enjoy every moment. Hope you will document with pics. I can picture a small wood burner to keep you warm in the winter while you are carving some black ducks.
Al

It's great to have your own shop/barn/garage. It does have potential with the double bay doors and the smaller room off to the side. I'll also vote for a wood stove. I love firing mine up out in the garage when I've got some work to do out there in the winter.

We sure are a strange old bunch arn't we? Show us an really old slightly run down but very cool old building and we are all excited about its potential as a carving area! We just don't fit in with the main stream population at all..

That place is very cool, heck all you need is a broom to get the spider webs down and your two hands to remove the things you don't want move the things you do and your ready to setup shop.

I'm excited for you.

Yeah, we sure are a "strange old bunch," and speaking personally, I'm proud of it! Good luck to Jon ... From a guy who bought and continues to restore a one-room schoolhouse in Manitoba, I'm envious!

Proud to be in this strange bunch too, that is one coool shack. I am am so envious of that space, I have nowhere to go now but up.

Clear out the two garages, keep one for the duckboat(s), one for storing the carving wood. Then, clean out the little room to the right for the carving proper. That's be my advice.
You don't need...or want...a lot of space to carve in.

Back