New Member Introduction

Nelson Graves

Hello Gentlemen! New guy here from Northern Virginia. 47 yr old husband and father of four (ages 8-13). Been duck hunting since all I was allowed to take was a slingshot.

I have two and a quarter duck rigs. Phowler mud boat, Momarsh Fatboy, and Boston Whaler (newly pressed into service as a sea duck rig). The whaler is my quarter duck rig because it spends half of its time pulling the children on wakeboards and tubes, a quarter hauling me spearfishing, and I'm hoping sea duck and open water diver duck hunting fills in the rest.

For years I primarily pursued puddle ducks and geese, but in the last few years I've developed a preference for diving duck hunting. I found your site while trying to learn more about open water layout boats and how to effectively use them to harvest divers and sea ducks.

Welcome aboard!
Good luck and be safe this season.
Post some pics of your rigs!

Welcome Nelson. You came to the right place. From the north to the south and the east to the west there's some good folk here to ask, teach and learn from. If you started as a "lurker" like most of us you already know there are lots of sea duckin, sneak boatin, sea boatin, layout boatin, scull boatin, marsh duckin, duck carvin AND boat buildin goes on here. Pull up a stool tell us your stories and I'm sure you enjoy some of the story tellin from others from this side of the pond as well as the other side.

Welcome to the site Nelson. Good to have another VA boy on the site. Im on the Eastern Shore and we do right much seaduckin. Im also getting into divers more this year and have bought a layout. Where do you do most of your seaduck hunting, or what part of the bay I should say?

Nelson, welcome to the site. As you can see there are a few of us from Va on board. Mostly hunt our camp in Cambridge Va and sea duck off Kent island. I have a Chuck Huff sneak boat myself and enjoy it all year long. Good luck this season, hope to hear more from you and your hunts

Bill V

Welcome to the site Nelson. Good to have another VA boy on the site. Im on the Eastern Shore and we do right much seaduckin. Im also getting into divers more this year and have bought a layout. Where do you do most of your seaduck hunting, or what part of the bay I should say?

So far we've tried the Gwynns Island area with limited success. Plan to find a launch point much farther North this year, while staying in VA waters.

Hello Gentlemen! New guy here from Northern Virginia. 47 yr old husband and father of four (ages 8-13). Been duck hunting since all I was allowed to take was a slingshot.

I have two and a quarter duck rigs. Phowler mud boat, Momarsh Fatboy, and Boston Whaler (newly pressed into service as a sea duck rig). The whaler is my quarter duck rig because it spends half of its time pulling the children on wakeboards and tubes, a quarter hauling me spearfishing, and I'm hoping sea duck and open water diver duck hunting fills in the rest.

For years I primarily pursued puddle ducks and geese, but in the last few years I've developed a preference for diving duck hunting. I found your site while trying to learn more about open water layout boats and how to effectively use them to harvest divers and sea ducks.

Welcome to this great site, Nelson. Glad to have you join us. I, for one, am hoping that you also like to take pictures of your hunts. Just a thought.
Al

Just dont pad your post and dont sell stuff in the classifies for your friends and youll be fine. Very very strict around here.

Just dont pad your post and dont sell stuff in the classifies for your friends and youll be fine. Very very strict around here.

WBurnight
If you dont like the rules you can always leave.
'
'
'
Welcome to one of the best site on the net Nelson.

Last edited:
Back