No Rain!!!

John Van Houten

Still pretty dry around the pot hole region especially in North central ND. The larger sloughs have water but they are down 3.5 feet. The smaller sloughs are dried up. It was in the low 30s last week with a predicted high 99 for this Friday. No rain forecasted for the next 10 days, I don't like it. Spoke to a friend 50 miles south of Hwy 2, said they have been getting some rain.Fished Devils Lake yesterday, ramps are pretty low. View attachment 20210531_135414.jpg

View attachment 20210528_073427.jpg

Wow John! Hope that you guys get rain up there soon. We got some here over the weekend. Not enough to make a huge difference but my grass appreciated it. My local ponds and pot holes are drying up here too. Not cool.

Not good for duck production!

Tampa area had its first measurable rainfall in over 2 months on Satuday.
It missed our house. My grass is still "crunchy".
We are forecasted to move into the summer afternoon thunderstorm pattern this week, I sure hope we do.

John, the big issue now is that the ground is so dry that light rainfall drops are "sucked-up" by the ultra-dry atmosphere as virga and never reaches the ground, perpetuating the drought. I bought a water moccasin for my field layout blind to enable me to hunt skinny water out there during my early years. Turned that waterproof liner into a giant mud sandwich...

John, i sure hope you do get some rain and the sooner the better. We are in the midst of another drought in New Mexico. We have had three rains here this year and remember that includes all rains 1/100th or more. Best of luck to you and all the farmers/ranchers in the state.
Al.

Back