Odcca Show

When my good friend Ky passed Vic and I felt a need to honor Ky who always took the lead on the auction with Vic and I helping for years. Vic had the great idea to name the auction after Ky. So I have been heavily involved with the club that way.
I hope the reason I have been asked to help on the board is because I always wanted to see the club be inclusive and grow.
Officers are restricted to Ohio residents out of fear someone would move the show out of state.
The tempest will subside as long as people stay positive and look for the good. My dad had a saying " you can give some people a hundred dollar bill and they would still bitch".

Vince that original pool guy makes me feel old. Thanks for your kind words we spent much time in the rooms at night eating and drinking good wine.
Ken

Ken,

We are not Old.

We are Vintage, like fine wine.

God Willing when the clubs share the same venue, we shall spend more time together.

I dunno about late nights... less food and wine...[;)]

To quote the late great Yogi Berra -

"It gets late early out there."

"The future ain't what it used to be."

Makes sense to me.[smile]

Best regards
Vince

if it recovers, good, if not, we are all destined to become dust, sooner or later.
Ky is the only person I ever knew that brought a picnic hamper to a duck hunt!I have a photo he took of my partner, Barry, and me setting out stool at the round pond, eons ago. I think he wingtipped a bull sprig. My dog Can, took off on a line and around 40 minutes later, he returned to the blind with a rather lively sprig with a broken radius and ulna. Dog had one helluva nose.
Bet you didn't know that, Ken.[;)]

On Jan. 29 th. I reserved a room for the show requesting the ODCCA rate. I just printed out my confirmation email and found they were charging 118.75 & 120.65 a night instead of the 89.00 rate. I have canceled my reservation, so a room may be available.

This thread has more twists and turns than a gathering of "twirlers" at a Grateful Dead concert venue!

NO hotel or motel that has quoted me a room price has every included the various taxes layered on without my requesting their inclusion. Why? They make the assumption that you are shopping among their local vendor array, which ALL charge the same tax add-ons. Bitching just to bitch has little benefit, or value...other than to convince others to avoid the source.

There are decoys present from a variety of sources, eras, and regions...and vendors who willingly discuss, trade, and sell decoys.... along with a variety of carving competitions at ODCCA, as well as the GLDA show. How can you go wrong by attending???

The guy(s) who openly bragged online on another carver website about bringing his moonshine products to share with friends at the ODCCA show were/are incredibly lucky, and dumb, since interstate transport of 'shine' remains a felony. Some folks just can't resist sticking their hand in the fire...just to test the heat.

OH, since this going to generate controversy: NPR ran a piece this morning that air quality values in China were recorded to roughly decline by25% in air pollution related carbon emissions via reductions at coal fired factories and power generating facilities during their Covid-19 quarantine lock-down efforts over most of the geographies affected.

Back