On board Heat and stove

Scott

Hitch's post got me thinking again about putting built in heaters and a stove in the boat. NOT THAT I NEED THE HEATERS THIS YEAR!!!

What is the best way to run the propane lines and make the connections. I can run the lines down either side of the boat but what kind of pipe/tubes are best? I would like to run everything off one bulk tank

I don't want to blowup the boat in the process.

I would probaly think 1/4 galvinized pipe would do fine. and do a pressure test on the line pour dish soap over each threaded area to double check for leaks. You could also go by the welding supply store and get a rubber line made but that would worry me that it would wear or get piniched

heck Hucth probaly has the microwave , ref and all in there :)

We run 2 stoves and two heaters in our boat off of one 20 lb. propane tank. We use rubber gas hose with gas line quick-connects. From our main line we insert "T's" and run a small piece of hose with the female end of the quick connect. The "t's" have the appropriate size hose barb fitting and we tighten them with hose clamps Our stoves and heaters each have a 2-4 piece of hose with the male end of the quick connect, this allows us to move the heaters and single burners stoves around on our shelf or back seat pod aka galley. The propane regulator sits atop the 20 lb propane bottle and the we utilize the hand fitting to attach to the propane bottle so we aren't searching for a Crescent wrench when we need to swap out bottles. Our fuel tank for the boat is mounted on the outside of the blind which makes it easy to fill with our 5 gallon spare gas tanks or at the gas station, plus I believe this is a much safer when you have an open flame in the boat. We also utilize an inline fuel water separator to eliminate water in our boat gas. As stated earlier, check your fittings for leaks with soapy water.

"[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] I would probaly think 1/4 galvinized pipe would do fine." Please do not use galvanized pipe for LP or natural gas. If you decide to use pipe, the proper pipe for this is "black" pipe.
[/font]

Scott,

I'm running two Mr.Heaters in a 16 ft semi V. I bought a Y fitting (splitter) and a 6' and a 12' hose all Mr. Heater brand accessories. Quick, easy, TOASTY. I guess I didn't think about using pipe, etc., figured it would be nice to be able to use the heater (s) for other uses. I do need to pay attention to positioning tho, seems I've gotten one of the hoses a wee bit warm.

George

Back