ON THE FALLING TIDE

Hello All, & Happy Fall Season,

Just a quick update here is the new Trailer II for "On The Falling Tide" We will release a Trailer Video (1:00/2:00) In Length Every Month Up Untill The Premiere. Check It Out! Enjoy-

The 2016 October Trailer Video Release For The Upcoming Documentary Project (March 2017)

Click Link Below For Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuZT2dEA9OA

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM%20copy%20copy_zps4ehqyaje.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning Anthony & Zane~

Spectacular footage - and the horizon was level !!!!

We will be soliciting interest before the March 4 2017 "World Premiere". The "Falling Tide" DVD will be available at the Annual Show of the LI Decoy Collectors Association - or through the mail (probably through me).

All the best,

SJS

Hello All,

Quick update on the progress thus far..

Today myself & Craig Kessler had the pleasure of hunting alongside Ted Sadleir in Westhampton to film the action on site for the upcoming documentary On The Falling Tide. We headed into Ted's custom blind and anxiously awaited the morning flight but not before enjoying the comforts of a morning cooked breakfast in the blind by the head chef.
Around 9am we managed our first single black duck entering the rig for it's camera feature then was followed up by a nice pair of Pintails taken by both Craig & Ted to close out the morning.

Here's a few images of the morning action by land & air... video will follow within the documentary. I can promise you it is truly some amazing footage for sure!

Many more updates soon as we continue on wrapping up the project for it's March 2017 Premiere.

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-4_zpszq3itw5q.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-14_zps6x1iqenl.jpg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-11_zpskujwoonn.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-23_zpspvnoobik.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-29_zpskwrjjs0w.jpg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM_zpsketzaz18.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-27_zpsq7apray5.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-17_zpsmkwr8ict.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-33_zpsm9tniius.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-31_zpsvjuqmrbr.jpeg

Last edited:
This is very exciting, I think. I'm looking forward to the documentary. Thank you for sharing this information.

Back behind the camera once again. This time I set out to film George Combs III here on the south shore marsh of Long Island's Great South Bay. George towed his own 1923 Vessel built by Wilber Ketchum in Amityville. He recently restored this rig and it was a perfect fit for the documentary feature.

We started the afternoon with a quick falling tide & strong west winds that proved to push up a fair amount of blackduck. Within moments of finishing up setting the rig a nice single glided into the hand carved decoys and George followed through with a clean kill. All captured on camera for the documentary release! Couldn't of asked for a better hunt.

This will finalize the remainder of what footage is needed and closing statements by both Craig & Steve will be taken throughout Jan. Final editing will begin after that.

Looking forward to sharing some trailer videos before the release!

As a reminder the Full Documentary Video will be presented on March 4, 2017. Orders will be accepted on & after that date. Copies will be available at the annual Long Island Decoy Collectors Show... Details to follow.

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM_zpsgof9oujj.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-4_zpsr8ttlwfp.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-12_zpshktwopcd.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-7_zpsu38uqxr1.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-43_zpsufb3coic.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-37_zpsgqabngwv.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-36_zpsvwgbmvmu.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-46_zpsgh01swgp.jpg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-51_zpspor2lh1o.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-55_zps7nzoybg0.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-29_zpsxepnvdra.jpeg

IslandOutdoorsMediaTM-48_zps1cjw1taa.jpeg

Much more coming soon..

I love this picture of George sr. in his garvey with a braile net full of eels. This shot brings back a lot of memories, as I chased eels winters on Long Island back in the sixties too. Rich

Grew up in massapequa down the block from the Combs , i can still remember watching George Sr. and son working their garveys all year , good pic of the old man ....

New Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbWoI4_n0o

Preview of Some Footage From #OnTheFallingTide this past week as we continue to edit the final project for March 2017! Here we have Mr. George Combs III on an afternoon black duck hunt Long Island, NY. Sneak Preview of lots more to come as we continue on the production... #OnTheFallingTide March 2017
Screen%20Shot%202017-01-05%20at%201.39.06%20PM_zpsicfe9d9y.png

Last edited:
Rob~

You are not alone! Steigercraft are built on the south shore of Long Island - so at least it's an indigenous vessel.

All the best,

SJS

The editing continues here in the studio as we countdown the remaining 41 days ti'll Saturday March 4, 2017. The premiere of "On The Falling Tide" Documentary Event. The event will be hosted at:
46th Annual Antique Decoy, Fishing & Sporting Collectibles Show
Saturday March 4, 2017. 9AM-4PM
IBEW Union Hall 370 Motor Parkway Hauppague, NY
Admission: $7.00

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-23%20at%208.41.18%20AM_zps6yarl8jd.png

2%20CDE%20Black%20Ducks%20cropped_zpsf4rgx97h.jpg

Back