One is always better than none

The Estuary is a displacement hull which allows you to hunt the bigger water. I grew up hunting out of sneakboxs. I?ve had both style hulls, planing & displacement. For hunting the Barnegat Bay when it?s nasty the stability of a displacement hull to handle the 2&3 foot rollers is more important than speed. I?ve just purchased a David Clark Estuary as his boats in my opinion is the best boat for the money. He builds a premium boat that?s why you hardly see one of his boats used come up for sale. And when they do come up for sale they go quickly. Hope this helps.

Good find Mark thanks!

The MLB looks awesome, I think they draft about the same but it looks like the Estuary Hull might handle the larger bodies of water a little safer.

I'm just guessing of course as I've only ever seen these in pictures :)[/quote]

I owned a Chuck Huff prior to an Estuary (that I recently sold to Mike). Having hunted out of both, there?s no comparison in my opinion. If compared to cars, The Huff is like riding in a 72 Volkswagen Beetle whereas the Estuary is like riding in a late model Cadillac.
To answer other questions-
I?ve carried up to 5 dozen decoys on the Estuary (3 doz on the bow and in 2 doz the cockpit).
A dog sits behind you under the dodger.

I've been hunting with duck boats for a while. Had a Manasquan one man boat that I used for years [small cockpit]. Found a Southbay boat and restored it, still using it now. It fits the type of hunting I do. Mostly hunt small creeks and smaller bays. With the style of hunting I do, I hunt with only 6-8 puddle ducks mostly. Found out I always see that many birds in the areas I hunt. Don't shoot white ducks.
Have a Estuary hull I picked up a few years ago and have been trying to get to it. Too many projects and no shop. Dave builds a great boat and want to see if it will work for me. Wish I had Dave's skill. Too cold to start glass work here.
See you at the DB Show sunday if we don't get blown out...

Back