OSP Stalker

Larry Fry

Anyone own or know about the Stalker? It was made by OSP Precision Composites in the 1990's. I looked on the "old duckboats" section, without success.

Anyone own or know about the Stalker? It was made by OSP Precision Composites in the 1990's. I looked on the "old duckboats" section, without success.

Yep...If this is what your asking about, they went out of buisness is what the kayak store owner told me. I tried one at a kayak float day down in Clearwater. Kind of interesting. Basiclly a standup paddle board with a removable cooler/battery box and a trolling motor mount. They came in different colors and and OD green. They were roto molded. Pretty pricey for what they were. Over a grand$.

View attachment 390_flats_stalker.jpg

Is this the boat? Its on the duck boat specs page http://duckboats.net.nmsrv.com/specs/images/stalker.jpg This boat was made by a few different companies over the years, and believe its still being made in WI somewhere.

I have owned one and my brother breifly owned one. He only sold his because I sold him my Hoefogen. Mine I just never used, but they are very good boats. They have quite a bit of rocker for a marsh boat, so it turns easily and can take a bit more rough water than some of these style boats. The down side to the rocker is they are a little tougher paddling over long distances. My brothers actually had kevlar bottom which made it lighter, mine was a bit on the heavy side in my opinion for a car topper.

Yes, Bill, that's the one! Where on the specs page was it, under what category?????? Thank you.

EDIT: I found it, under MARSH BOATS. The manufacturer listed was not the maker when I bought mine, OSP was the manufacturer.

Last edited:
I have a somewhat similar marshboat, except it has stake pole holes, fore and aft. Bought if from Cabela's in 1983, it was made in Appleton WI. It was stolen a few years back by some kids.
Taken for a joy ride down the river, sold, and pretty much stripped and messed up. I got it back, but it needs alot of TLC. Hopefully this summer cuz it's a duck Killin' Machine........

Thanks for the link, Bill. I'd say your assessment is correct; good molds tend to stick around. Their newer boat looks good; addresses the two main complaints I had with the original.

Back