Picture heavy - One of the things I like...

Bob - What a candy store. That is one of the most impressive collections of fine doubles I have ever seen. Thanks for posting. I have read that there is a long wait for some of those english guns if you order a new one to your specs. Looks like a good place to pick up a nice shooter as well.
sarge

I always like a trip to Jaqua's. Great place to shoot also. I was up there a few weeks ago. They had a LC Smith that could of caused me some bad trouble. I was wondering Bob what kind of SxS was in your picture. I though it may have been a RBL. How do you like the Ithaca with the straight stock?

MLBob
You are correct mate he was a arse hole, But all the same I wished I could shoot just 1/2 as good has him, then I would not need my Bino,s HeHeHe.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
Its all about Building that Bond.

Larry,

That is an Ithaca/SKB 280 SE. They made them for a while thru the early 70's. I have a pair of them (20&12). Back then they sold for $325 - $500. Any I see nowdays in gunshops have tags on them for anywhere from $1200 - $1600. They were nicely made guns with beavertail forends, pretty intricate stamped engraving, ejectors, selective inertia triggers, very clean checkering, and chrome lined barrels. I had the 20 bored out to skeet & skeet a few years back The 20 is the gun in the picture with the Springer).

View attachment spur.jpg

The 12 is my duck & goose gun. It's choked IC/Mod, but I find it's all I've needed, I think today's shot wads combined with using larger steel pellets probably chokes it down closer to Mod/Full.

I always have preferred a straight English stock, and all the guns I use have one. My son's shotguns all have pistol grips.

Nice guns Bob. I love doubles and wish I could afford some of those. It sure is nice to dream. Thanks and next time you are there take a few more pics. Hank

Back