Pictures from 3 hunts

So how did such a Nordic soul end up in the southwest US??? Shouldn't you be in Minnesota tromping around snow shoes? :)

This Nordic soul was born and raised in Minnesota. Thankfully my father accepted a teaching job in the far western reaches of the state (1/2 mile from South Dakota) putting me in the eastern edge of the PPR. For a young duck hunter, nothing could have been better.

After graduating from college as an elementary teacher, I taught 3 years in Minnesota before heading for Anchorage, AK in 1966. Basically I stayed in the north leaving Alaska eight years later and going to Wisconsin. Those 3 states gave me more than my fair share of cold and snow.

When I was about 50 years old, I happened to be driving to Green Valley, AZ to see my mom. On my way down I stayed over night in Socorro, NM and that is all it took. I was enthralled with what I saw in the area and at the time never knew there were ducks here. I just knew that if it snowed on occasion, that it would be melted normally within 24 hours. From the travels that my parents took me on as a kid, I always enjoyed the desert region of the US. The rest is history. Bev and I moved here in 97 and have loved every second of it. It didn't take long to know that if there was water there would be ducks.
Al

Back