Put on your drool bibs - All welded aluminum duck boat under construction

Well Dave if i win the lotto you will get a call brother .....

what shall we call her.....

Boney???? lass

Looks nice. Now Davey, after the thousands your spending building the boat, and sick amount of money you are spending on the motor.......the motor is getting the same paint job, right? I chuckle when guys get all freaky about painting their 25hp 2 strokes.....

I always got a kick of guys not painting their motors as well. Just seems odd to have a camoed out boat and a shiny motor!

Boat is coming along nice Davey. I'm a fan of the darker tones of paint with the soft edges myself.

Last edited:
Looks great. Sweet boat. But I am really trying to see if I can get the reply count above 430 million replies. Eric did we break the counter?

Jim G: The overall goal is to sell the first boat after she's been sea tested. I will not paint the 2 on this boat just in case a purchaser would like them original. If I haven't said it yet..thanks for starting this thread and I look forward to shaking hands soon. Won't be long before we hit 10,000 hits!!!
Adam: Thanks, it really looks hazy...
Shermie: I do like the Boney Lass..
Bri: Thanks man...the painter will be dusting the light grey to darken her up a bit. I'll post some pics soon.
Hanke: Thanks...
Brad: Thanks, sorry about the counter :)

The boat is bigger then i expected!!! the softer lines are def better in my opinion. What date do you have in mind for trial run?

Hey guys,

Ok, Bob...yes..she's big. We're hoping for early April to get her wet. Depends on the ice in WI. Thanks for asking.
WS: she's coming along...thanks!

Knocked the light grey down a bit and still have to curve the black patches but she should be completed coated inside and out by Friday.

Couple more pics...thanks for stopping by.

transomdust.jpg

starighttransomdust.jpg

sternintdust.jpg

fullbowdust.jpg

starfadedust.jpg

fullbowdust.jpg

More this weekend!!!

de

Great job. That's one hell of a boat. Do you have a contract with the CG or Navy? I can see an anti-aircraft gun mounted in the bow that thing!

Take care,

Ed L.

Hey Ed.

Thanks a lot. Yes... we are in the process now of getting on the GSA schedule. My brother in law has experience from his time in the service with government acquisition will be handling the government marketing. I always respected those companies that the government chose for their boats. A ton of scrutiny goes into the awarding of a contract. Once that is done we'll be bidding like everyone else these days. I already have the guns picked out :)

Appreciate the comment.

Hey guys,

Couple more shots of her.

Steve: Yes, the 16's are coming. We plan on being around for a long time so all sizes are in the plans. You should see the 18' at www.bonesboats.com , the 16' will follow that model.

stardonefade.jpg

starcaninedone.jpg

bottompaintlight.jpg

noselightfade.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

de

Hey guys,

We will be doing a open house at our shop in Valders, WI. You will have opportunity to see the 22 and meet the myself and Bill G, the builder.

It will be on April 9th from 0900-1300.

333 Washington St.
Valders, WI.

We will also be at the Havre de Grace Decoy Wildlife Art Festival & Hunting Show on May 6, 7, 8th.

Please shout with any questions and let any of your friends in the area know.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

de

Back