Rain, rain, rain in SW Ohio today...

I think you could make a 2x4 look like a duck with your painting and then add a smooth curvy frond under it.... Oh man!

Tim

Yep, I can see it now. The Gaddy drake sits quietly on the still backwater pond. Meanwhile a light breeze kicks up and stirs the air. The high up raised tail catches the wind and the Gaddy starts to dance, dance back a forth across the still waters. Suddenly he is no longer a discarded tree trimming but a lively decoy doing his masters biding.

Some day I hope to join Bob for a hunt so I can just sit there mesmerized for a few hours.

Fantastic work Bob -- It rained here in Preble Co. most of the day. It was a good day to remodel the shop. Adding a wall to get he dust of my reloading equipment and painting desk. The ZTW has made a mess of things!
The rain should end tonight and maybe the crappies will be ready to bite by mid-week!

Crappie bite should be on soon LB - we are expecting 75+ degrees here in Indy by Wednesday...

Bob - That bird looks awesome.

Hey Hank, I will think of you when I am fishing. Dont work to hard friend!

LB

Oh Yeah -- Make sure you make your poker decoy extra nice. I think I will be taking it home this year! (SMACKTALK)

We should drag Bob into out poker game/shoot/cornhole decoy day.

GREAT GREAT Gadwall (as always) Bob !!!

Hey Hank, I will think of you when I am fishing. Dont work to hard friend!

LB

Oh Yeah -- Make sure you make your poker decoy extra nice. I think I will be taking it home this year! (SMACKTALK)

We should drag Bob into out poker game/shoot/cornhole decoy day.

You're going to have to fight me for the decoys Larry....I plan on taking them all home....(more smacktalk)

Decoy poker ROCKS !!!

Last edited:
Well, when that horrific wind finally died down two days later, I knew that someone out east would get dumped on. Bob, you could send some of that rain back here if you want to.
By the way, I have a perfect little spot for that decoy to sit next year. The gaddies love coming into this beaver pond that I sit at.
Al

Back