Saying Goodbye

Phil~

I am very sorry to hear of this loss. It sounds, though, like you were blessed to know such a fine man. I, too, had wonderful in-laws and we had them with us during their last years. Our priceless memories of them remain with us every day.

All the best,

SJS

Carl said:
Lost my old man back in 2005 and some days it still brings tears to my eyes.
But worse part was trying to console my mom who lost her best friend after 46 years together.
Its pretty damn tough, but know that being there as a shoulder to cry on for your wife and mother-in-law is what they really need.

My father went on ahead on my birthday in 2010. It was the greatest gift he could have given me. He was suffering from a long fight with cancer. At this point, I think the grief is behind me... until that little thing happens that brings me to my knees.

The hardest thing with Skip (my F-I-L) is that .. for me and Sarah... the knowledge that there are no more "new" memories to be made with him. He was my father-in-law... so.. there were certain natural challenges....that being said, I cannot imagine a better father-in-law. Sure, I would have liked him to be different...Like to be alive still... but that is not what I mean. I would have liked him to have been a duck hunter, like my wife's grandfather, but Skip was afraid of the water, so that wasn't in the cards. But everyone that met him, was a friend of his. I was blessed, not only because he gave me his daughter, but because I had the opportunity to know him. And he did enjoy fine scotch....

God speed to your Father -in -law, I am happy that your wife got some quality time with him in he last days.
My wife lost her dad 5 years ago, probably one of the most difficult things we have experienced in our 29 years of marriage. It is aweful to watch your spouse go thru such a heartbreaking experience.
Bob

Back