SCFWA Flats Show preliminary results

Terry Desilets

We had a great show today in SE Michigan! I don't have the details on numbers and all, but whining was at a minimum and it looked like everyone was having a great time.

Congratulations to Luke Costilow - BOS Gunners with a beautiful D Scaup, nice job Luke!! Jon Jones took IWCA Open with a Stellar Eider(?). Gary Hanson dominated the rigs with 1st and 2nd BOS. Gary Titus repeated this year in novice IWCA with a D Greenwing Teal.

Thank you to all the volunteers that helped to make our show run smoothly. A shout out to the Ohio guys that came up to support the show! Hope everyone has arrived safely at home.

Below are the preliminary results, I will have complete results and photos before the week is out. If there are any inaccuracies, please send me an email (terry@branding-irons.biz).

2011SCFWAPrelimResults.jpg

Hi Terry, thanks for posting the results. It was nice to finally meet you yesterday!

Congratulations to Luke for BOS Gunner! That bluebill was outstanding.

I had a great time and came home with some really nice deeks.

Thanks also to Lou and every one else that work so hard to make this show happen.

Best Regards,

Todd

I really enjoyed the time I spent at the show. If you want to browse a few of the photos I took you can look here. I am sure someone took better pictures. I believe I saw a professional photographing the winners.

Luke's scaup had an attitude that is hard to describe and capture in an image. It was stunning.

088.jpg

103.jpg

Last edited:
I think that GWT was quite exceptional as well, the standard of the carvers are out of this world and very shortly there will be no bench mark has to work too at this rate, and in my opinion they just keep getting better has each year go,s by. Congrats to all the contestants and the guys behind the scenes as well for making this show what it is. WELL DONE.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
Its all about Building that Bond.

All are great looking pieces of art, but for me the spectacled eiders are wonderful, just because you dont see them to often and to get the white right takes some doing. Would like to have seen them all in person. some great work there.

Thankyou for taking teh time to share with us.

Paul Scott

Back