Seats for my Bankes

Tim Adams

I'm still wanting to put seats in my 17' freedom for fishing but still not sure what to use. I can not fish all day on a bucket seat. Looking for suggestions or someone that has put seats in their bankes boat.
Thanks

I have 5 camo versions of the fold up camping chairs in my Goliath.

They were $8 at Dicks a few years back and have held up great.

Camping-Chair-Background.gif

-D

I use those in my big War Eagle. Comfortable, cheap, portable and they can be moved around to shift a load.

I use these. Move them out of the way when I am setting decoys, comfortable, relatively inexpensive, stable, fold up and stow easily and compactly.

Tim

I bought a stainless 4 legged base from Cabelas (bass pro sells them too) and a nylon camo swivel seat for my Freedom. It stays in the boat all the time for a passenger or for when I am lazy fishing. Nice and stable and comfortable. The fold Up chairs either style are great when there are a anymore than one passenger (not so comfortable)

I like the kind of chair that Brad has. I have the both kinds. The type that brad has is easier to stand up or shoot from. That kind also come with a tray on the side for your coffee cup. A most necessary thing in a duck blind. I picked one up from Gander Mountain.

The type that brad has is easier to stand up or shoot from. That kind also come with a tray on the side for your coffee cup.

Mine also have the little side table. I use a bucket a lot too.

tim, i have a friend in WA that has the best seats ive ever seen for his crusader. the traditional camo fold down swivel seat mounted to custom aluminum base. tubular aluminum with four legs that are at the perfect level not only for comfort but also the perfect height for when the blind is up. get a hold of one of the custom plate builders out there and have some made. i have one picture of what im talking about. if you want to see it email me. best, mark

I've seem his seats and they look comfy. they are pretty common here in the PNW. Cabela's has some similar powdercoated spider legs. They are great for fishing but IMHO take up too much room when you are trying to set decoys, etc. Even a Crusader (19 foot boat) is too small for a large rig of decoys, 3 guys and big unfoldable seats. ;-)

Would really make sure you called Mike Bankes before attempting to hard mount anything to the liner of your Freedom. Drilling into that would expose the foam core to water.....not a good thing!!!! Besides the liner is quite thin and not much meat to mount anything too. Was never engineered for that.

Gar

Try sitting in any seat you are considering and jump up from it as you would when preparing to shoot. You will probably be wearing waders so allow for that too. If your butt is below you knees when sitting it'll be hard to jump up in one swift move.

My $.02 worth,
Harry

I've seem his seats and they look comfy. they are pretty common here in the PNW. Cabela's has some similar powdercoated spider legs. They are great for fishing but IMHO take up too much room when you are trying to set decoys, etc. Even a Crusader (19 foot boat) is too small for a large rig of decoys, 3 guys and big unfoldable seats. ;-)

hi brad, obviously they take up much more room than a folding chair but what you gain in comfort is worth it. that boat is wide enough to slide the chairs to one side of the boat when working dekes. we hunted 4 guys and a dog with about 5-6 dozen dekes with ease. the decoy storage in that boat is amazing! best, mark

Back