September - What on your workbench?

You guys are truly artists & I am working from the other side of the brain, a 1985 johnson 20 remote that wont idle, for now.

So much very good work on this months "Workbench". Two thumbs up to all who posted. Your hard work, passion and enjoyment shows.

I like them....you might need to bring a pair in December.....

I could bring the entire rig of commons 18 decoys and the two hairy head red breasted if you like. We could have a fish duck smackdown!

Some Moak influenced Cans. The my dad's repainted original in the back, two corkers for the rig to the front, and in between a cedar to be a gift for my dad:

photo-9.jpg

When the sealer had dried on their birds & keels, a session was devoted to learning how to make a bird self-right.

Everyone got to melt & pour their own lead so the keel they made could be internally weighted. Then, before permanently attaching the keels, they tested their birds to make sure keels were positioned right and that the decoy would right after being placed upside down.

View attachment IMG_2505 (600 x 450) (450 x 338).jpg
View attachment IMG_2512 (600 x 450) (450 x 338).jpg

View attachment IMG_2513 (600 x 450) (425 x 280).jpg
View attachment IMG_2514 (450 x 600).jpg
View attachment IMG_2516 (450 x 600).jpg

Bob, just a heads-up. Don't try to extend your Val-Oil supply by using an overcoat of Spar Varnish for the second coat-they aren't compatible.

Last edited:
Nice work Bob! I appreciate you sharing your goodness. Team Furia oughta do real well in the Chesapeake Challenge. I wish I was there with you but, will be chasing divers up north instead... My best to Team Furia! Pat

Back