Some images from the season

Mark Harter

photo-42.jpg

Two greenwing teal my son shot

Last edited:
photo-41.jpg

He won the youth lottery for the Sherburne WMA and got to hunt the North Farm Refuge. When we got out of the truck at 5:00 AM you could hear the 10,000 + geese and ducks making a loud chatter and hear the geese get up and move. The sound was astounding. There were unbelievable numbers of birds flying all morning. Most were up high but he had plenty of chances and shot a few boxes of shells. We had a fantastic day.

photo-35.jpg

She had a great time and is looking forward to our next trip. She slept on the boat from 9:30 till 11:00 then we went on a coot shoot. She got a couple and we headed home.

Mark,
Thanks for sharing some of your season. Great to see the kids out with dad. Sometimes I miss the hunts down there. But the opps here make up for it. Great color on those birds.

Hey Mark - Looks like you made a bunch of great family memories this season. Great job getting the youngsters on board ! The image of the sunrise is spectacular - do you know if some of the cloud lines reflected were contrails ?
Thanks for posting !
sarge

Thanks, we have had a lot of fun. The hunting has been very good here in LA. I have really enjoyed spending time in the field with my kids, brother and friends. We still have till Jan 30. I look forward to a few more hunts.

Back