Speaking of Golden Eyes . . . .

Jeff Reardon

Supporter
Had just one--a nice drake--decoy this afternoon. He came screaming around the point with about 30 knots of west wind behind him, turned hard, and was on the water in the decoys before I knew it.

I jumped him up into the air, and--Behind, Behind, Behind. Even starting from a dead stop the little buggers are fast.

Did manage a drake buffie. With all the wind, the ducks did not want to get up in the air.

Even with my limited experience with goldeneyes I know that feeling. Just can never move that gun fast enough. I wish we had more of them around here, cool looking and that whistling is almost addictive.

Tim

You mean....like these?

IMG_2456.jpg

Last edited:
Hank, tons of birds in the air this morning in west swanton and the isles. south and north bound. we scratched out one this morning just couldnt get them to come down from the 100 yrd flight path.

eddie

Hank- Nice looking batch. I think we met a few times about 20 years ago on Otter Creek in Salisbury. I used to hunt with Grover Usilton too, in the mid to late 90s.

Ed: it sure can be tough when you are just out of the flightline and they don't want to play.

John: yes we have met quite a while ago, I thought the name was familiar. hope all is well.

Bradley: we have been doing well since Thanksgiving, lots of scouting and hunting places that we never have seen birds......the hurricane seems to be the cause of that. Case in point we will be hunting puddlers in deep water tomorrow (20+/-) feet. At this point we have quit questioning why they are there........

Nice Cheech! We had a nice last day (see the blonde post I put up) We get to B-Town a few times a year and I will let you know the next time, also let me know if you head down 7.

Been missing my Champlain hunting Hank- I would love to be sitting on a certain point in Bridport this morning watching the whistlers and mallards appear out of the snow...

Back