Spring Snow Geese

Chuck Cooper

Looking for info on a spring hunt in the upper New York State or someplace close to the U.S/Canada boarder in southern Ontario
I ve posted on some other sites and it seem's people think I want to move in on their spots but thats not the case,,looking for a guided hunt,,,,,,thanks,,,,Chuck

Don't have a name for you, but there's a guy in the Lake Champlain area (south)that's doing spring snow goose hunts.
If you have any contacts in that area they may know who it is.

Chuck, I don't think that there any individuals that guide for spring snow geese that I know of in NY of. They can move many miles from one day to the next and are unpredictable around here and many guides aren't going to invest in the large decoy spreads, gas and scouting and trying to gain permission to hunt for them for the short duration that they are here. Might be one in the Plattsburgh, NY area though as they come through pretty heavy in the fall.

You might be better off trying in Quebec in the St. Lawrence Valley area

http://www.fpq.com/en/hunting.species.asp?id=13

This isn't where you are looking to go, but if you are willing to drive another 6 hours or so there are plenty of snow geese along Delaware Bay in Southern New Jersey. I know there are a few guides around that do it, and anybody that hunts along the Bay should be able to get you into snow geese pretty good. They are much easier to hunt in this area in terms of the number of decoys you need(way less than field hunting), but you do need a good boat and some local knowledge to navigate the coastal marshes. Let me know if you are interested and I will look up a couple of names for you.

Hey Dude:
What time and what date are we leavin?
Ron
PS Contrary to populer beleif a little bout of cancer can't get me down.
Let me know when you want to hunt turkey's -- got a bunch lined up just down the street.
R

Greg not sure if I want to go that far or not so I will keep looking to see whats out there.
I have a friend in Deleware who I have not heard from in quite awhile so I may try to find him ,I know he did alot of snow hunting but I looked for him on another site and almost 1000 people read the post but got no answer back as to anyone knowing him,,just hopeing to not have to travel too far,,,thanks again,,,Chuck

Back