TDB 14 Sea Class price?

Kenmorris

Sponsor
I have a lead on a 2001 TBD seaclass with a ?01 Yamaha 25 electric start and ?01 trailer. I?ve seen the boat and it?s in very nice shape. It has the hard cover, blind, and a boat cover.
The owner is thinking about selling, but neither he nor I have more than the foggiest notion of what a fair price would be.

Can anyone help? It?s a sweet rig that looks like it?d come close to being a do-all duck boat

What's the condition of the Hull/blind? If it's normal wear and tear id put it at around 7-9k. If you need to redo the blind, electronics, etc, ding it down to 5 on the low end.

I have an 04 DW15 with a 99 Suzuki 40 and an 04 load rite and I paid 5500 about a year ago, but it needed a new blind, electronics, and Hull work.

Side note, is a 25 enough to hoof the 14SC?

Last edited:
Nick, I?d rate the boat condition at good to very good, I didn?t see the blind. As far as the engine size, I don?t know 🤷‍♂️

I'd take a look at the blind, a restore, if you need to have it done, by a local canvas shop, will probably run you $1500-$2000. Also check into what size motor is usually used on a 14SC. Someone else here may be able to choke in.

NADA guide pegs the price of the hull at around $4,000 with the trailer and motor value to be influenced by salt water use duration and maintenance,

RLLigman said:
NADA guide pegs the price of the hull at around $4,000 with the trailer and motor value to be influenced by salt water use duration and maintenance,
That certainly is a price I like but I?ve never been sure if NADA is an accurate guide for used boat pricing, particularly these.

Ken, it's a start point. listing the average price for a boat that is, now, still being manufactured, for a limited use market. If the trailer axle and springs aren't shot via saltwater immersion, and the motor is running strong. these factors contribute to a higher price. If the hull isn't scratched and beat-up and the interior has not been full of water that underwent several freeze thaw cycles, these too contribute to a higher price, as does the blind quality. I have continually searched for a used Bankes 17' at a fair price in good shape. I haven't found one used in freshwater yet that meets those criteria.

I would agree with Nick's price range. I have the same set up and the 25 moves the boat along just fine. When was the engine last serviced? when was water pump/impeller last changed? blind and trailer condition are the two things which will add to your cost if they need repair. Check for any soft spots on floor. Good luck, it's a great boat.

Tanks to all that gave advice to me on here, I do appreciate it. Now I have to wait for the current owner to make up his mind on selling it.

Sal is right. Check for soft spots on the door as well, and test all the electronics. How many people/dogs will be hunting with you?

It will be mostly just my son and me, occasionally one other person. I?m still trying to convince my wife that a lab is a good idea.

I can tell you from experience that 3 on that boat will be tight, no room for the dog. 2 and a dog will also be snug, but doable. Especially if you get something smaller like an AWS.

I commonly hunt 2 on mine, no dog. With 3 I tend to be the dog, barking at people to get out of the way. Also, with 3, the 25 might some take persuading to get on a plane. The TDB might weigh a little less than the DW15, but with 3 I need two up front to get moving on a plane in a timely manner. Granted I have two hefty batteries in the back, and the weight of a 40 4 stroke.

Hopefully everyone is thin!

Last edited:
3 is too tight. 2 and a dog is doable. 25hp is marginal, and that is with light decoys. My hunting partner in VT has a 14ft SC, nice boat, but to get on plane I lay out on the front deck until up. He uses plastic decoys mostly to keep the weight down. Though a 40hp on it might be too ass heavy?

Nick and Dave are right - way too tight to hunt three people. Without the blind up the boat appears to be able to easily hunt three people. Once the blind is up it eliminates quite a bit of space. It's really a two person boat (using the blind) and a small dog. Hope you seal the deal and have some fun with it.

Last edited:
Back