TDB Blind cover

Rick,
The double bull tripod seat is IMO the best seat I have used in my TDB14. I not only provides the bonus of a backrest (unlike buckets, etc.), but the great thing is that it enables one to come to a standing/ shooting position with no obstruction whatsoever from the corner of a regular folding chair or the bulkiness of waders. Makes it a very smooth motion and in addition, it's a huge+ if you're ever hunting 2 people out of the boat. Stows easily out of the way when not in use, when picking up, poling, etc.

I've never had an issue with birds shying from the boat, as it blends well with the shoreline cover we encounter in most any situation. Probably the fact that it's a great setup for concealing movement is the reason. The color scheme of the blind and the fact that it is configured (along with the boat) to not have a box-like shape, probably goes a long way in eliminating the need for a lot of grassing. I will usually just quickly weave a few bits of the surrounding cover (branches, etc.) through the grassing loops - probably does more for my peace of mind than the ducks'.
Like any boat, it has its limitations and its uses, but over the years it has proved to be the ideal boat for me and the conditions I encounter where I hunt. Fortunately, I was able to take all that into account before making the decision to go with a 14 back in '96.

Back