The 8th Annual Rutgers Institute Decoy Float on Aug. 14, 2015!

David Robinson

Calling out all decoy nuts! The 8th Annual Rutgers Institute Decoy Float is happening on Friday, August 14 2015. Anytime after 3 pm until o'dark thirty.

Float'em if you got'em! Bring decoys you admire or decoys you've carved and drop them into Gun Lake and relax. We'll be having a BBQ and a bon fire as the sun goes down. In the past, everyone has chipped in and we've always had too much to eat. I'll take care of the meat and pop. BYOB:)

Just PM me if you have any questions or need my address. I'm on Gun Lake in Wayland, MI 49348.

Hope to see you guys soon!

I will be there right after work. Dont have much to float this year since everything has been packed up for months and the new shop wont be set up for a while. I do however have a bluebill i've been waiting to get wet since i've had it just havent had the chance yet.

Hi Dave,
Cool! I will put this on the family calendar. We really enjoy this event every year.

My Best to you and your beautiful family,

Brian

one of the years I am going to work it out to be in lower Michigan for this. I'm in Ohio on the 14th so I am getting closer.

Brandon,

Yes it is much too bad that a better (read closer) location could not have been chosen. I'd suggest say, Shell Rock Iowa??????? :>) :>)

Hey Dave,
I thought it would be neat and add a little twist to the float this year if everyone would bring a decoy they carved very early in their carving career so we could see where they started and where they are now. Just a thought.

Rich,

That's a great idea! I still have my first blue bill. We could call it, "Then and now." Or, "Beauty and the beast." Or, for me, "Still try'n." Let's do it.

Dave,

Looking forward to the float tomorrow afternoon. Forecast doesn't look too favorable, so I'll bring the umbrella.

Dave

Back