The March 2, 2024 Long Island Decoy Collectors Show- Long Island, NY

Anthony Babich

Gold Sponsor
Hey everyone,

On behalf of the Long Island Decoy Collectors Association I would like to extend the invitation to all for our 52nd Annual Antique Decoy & Sporting Collectibles Show!
SATURDAY MARCH 2, 2024 IBEW UNION HALL- 370 VANDERBILT MOTOR PARKWAY HAUPPAGUE, NEW YORK. Admission $7.00
The Vendor (1) Table Rate is: $85.00

This year we will have our 2nd annual Duck Boat Exhibition in the outside lot (Designated Area) The admission per boat will be $25.00 and these funds will be used to purchase the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prizes. The boats will be classified based upon the following categories: Manufactured, Homemade & Most Popular based on a vote at the show.

In addition to the outside "Real Life" duckboats there will be a 1st annual "Model Duck Boat" exhibition inside located near the exhibition decoys.
This will feature a variety of hunting related boats no longer than 18" in length! The application fee for model boats will be: $5.00each These boats can be Barnegat's, sneak boats, sink boxes etc... hunting related to our waterfowl sport. The exhibition winner will receive a brand new model boat prize as well by Jimmy Autin.

The 2024 Show Topic will be featuring a Documentary as well on the History of Pattersquash Gunners Assoc. Celebrating 100 years! With exhibition talks, vintage historical displays, gear, decoys, boats, vintage films recorded on site during the late 40's and of course the Documentary Premiere Viewing for all!
Myself, Steve Sanford and the show committee are continuing to work out the details of an event this large but it will be by far our largest show to date with nation-wide vendors already committed and multiple outside show vendors as well. This will be the first time the LIDCA hosts outside vendors so should be a good one!

Leave your duck boat grassed & head on down to show it off! Bring your decoys, artwork, miniatures & more! Should be a really nice time.

Tickets will be available for purchase online by the week of Jan 22nd. I am working out the details with the club on next week's meeting and will have it all finalized tail end of next week as well. The official announcement will also be posted at that time with all event registrations!

More to come soon, just wanted to put it all out there in advance, save the date! March 2, 2024....

On behalf of the LIDCA we look forward to seeing you there & welcome all to be come apart of the growing traditions we are so passionate about!

-Anthony

DB1.jpg

DB2.jpg

Thanks for posting. I tried to make it last year but was unable (I think due to a snowstorm). I'll try to make it this year.

Good morning everyone,

The Online Ticket Sales Are Now Live! Our March 2024 Event Will Be a Great One! Don't want to miss it! Tickets, Show Information & Vendor Registration can be found here: www.LIDecoyCollectors.com as always feel free to message with any questions / concerns. We also have the Second Annual Duck Boat Exhibition Happening Bring Those Boats Down! Our 1st Annual Miniature Duck Boat Competition Is Also In The Works All Details & Registration To Follow Next Week!

The Duck Boat Exhibition Will Be Judged on 3 Categories: Registration is $20.00 / Boat Proceeds Will Go Towards The LIDCA & Prizes
-Overall Best In Show-
-Best Manufactured Boat-
-Best Home-Made Boat-

Pre-Registrations are strongly advised, On-Site Registrations Will Be Accepted Until 11:00AM Show Day.

All Boats will be presented in a designated area, these will be based on category.

We will also have some vendors on-site to display new products these include;

-Banks Boats

-TDB (The Duck Boat Company)

-Water Feather Sneakboats

& More!

Hope to see you all there!

554.jpg

We're getting close! Come & Join Us Weather is looking ducky for the outside but we have many boats signed up already & over 70+ vendor tables sold for the inside, hope to see you all there. Doors open at 8:00am show lasts until 4:00pm

The All-New Documentary Project Celebrating "100-Years of The Pattersquash Gunners Association" will also be available for release!

Here's some snapshots below, the trailer will be posted later on this evening...
04.JPG
02.JPG
06.JPG
01.JPG
03.JPG
05.JPG
07.JPG
09.JPG08.JPG

Last edited:
On behalf of us all here at The Long Island Decoy Collectors We Thank Everyone For A Fantastic 2024 Show Event! The release of The All-New Documentary “Celebrating 100 Years of The Pattersquash Gunners Association Was Sold Out & We Are Now Taking Online Orders! In Addition both the second annual Duck Boat Show & First Annual Miniature Model Duck Boat Exhibition Was a great success as well! We would like to thank our members, fans, sponsors & local state representatives for making this one of the best shows yet out of our 52 years!
Visit Our Website & Join Us Today & THANK YOU! 🇺🇸
LiDecoyCollectors.com

Attachments

• 54DD5A65-C5AA-48EF-B3FF-6686C0B86874.jpeg
    54DD5A65-C5AA-48EF-B3FF-6686C0B86874.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 12.jpeg
    12.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 13.jpeg
    13.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 16.jpeg
    16.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 26
  • TDB.jpeg
    TDB.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 21.jpeg
    21.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20.jpeg
    20.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 23.jpeg
    23.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 24.jpeg
    24.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 25.jpeg
    25.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 28
  • 29.jpeg
    29.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 27.jpeg
    27.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 30.jpeg
    30.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 29
  • 14.jpeg
    14.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 15.jpeg
    15.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 29
Best in Homemade Boat: Ryan Breslin (HOMEMADE 21)
Best in Manufactured Boat: Brian Wolf (17’ BANKS BOAT)
Best in Show: David Kampa (AERO-MARINE)

In addition, the model duck boat exhibit was also a great success!

We received a total of 10 entires, and for the first year I have to say that’s a good turnout!

The first place winner & receiver of the boat made by Jimmy Austin was
Keith Salkeld from New Jersey. His boat was a barnegat style within the glass case in photo album

IMG_2784.jpeg

IMG_2773.jpeg

Great Video, Anthony. It is nice to be able to see that event since I live 1100 miles away. Thanks for that.

I would be really awesome if all those people who man the booths there were members and regular readers/posters on this forum. Seems based on the video and the displays that there are lots of people that have a vast knowledge of duck hunting and boats. Would be nice to have all that additional knowledge here on the forum.

Back