The New Boat (Finally), The New Dog & The New Hunting Partner - Post II

LIke it ! The box gives you quite abit of room . Love the picture of the Chessie . How was her hunt?

Cut some green vegatation and mix it with the camo already on your boat. The camo job is nice but since the stuff on the boat is light and the vegetation behind it is green, you'll be sticking out more than blending in.

Yes, the box makes a big difference in the amount of room and comfort. I have determined that I need to build a little shelf for my coffee cup, I spilled two full cups on Saturday! The pup did well - she is almost 7 months now, but has a ways to go yet. She is still working on her water work, swimming and retrieving in the water. She is great in the boat, like my first Chessie, she will curl up on the deck and just stay absolutely still until it is time to go to work!

Al, I am a very fortunate waterfowler. A couple years ago we moved back to my wife's hometown, as her parents had passed away and she inherited a farm - 100 acres in the AR river valley! I have access to literally many thousand acres of public reservior habitat on the river - it is simply awesome! Take a look at google earth and type in Morrison Bluff, AR and then start looking east and west on the river and you will see what I mean. A huge improvement over living in Chattanooga, TN - my waterfowl career stagnated there. I grew up in Iowa and we had great hunting there - but the southeast is quite different!

I have high hopes for the pup - she is doing well!

John,

Wasn't nit picking. That is a nice camo job. A little green on the boat will certainly help it blend a bit better. Cute pup....good luck

Mike - no offense taken - my wife mentioned the same thing - so you are in good company and she thinks you are a really intelligent guy!!

It WOULD DEFINATELY HELP THE BLIND BLEND IN MORE!!

Back