Told you guys I would take my time today...

Love the first couple of pics, glad you had a wonderful hunt. I am hoping this year is much better than last, looks like you started out well.

dc

That sounds like a special, rare day. It will always be alive in your mind's eye and memory...thank you for sharing.

Right place and right time. Brandon, were you in the Wahpeton, ND area? That wasn't too far north from where I grew up and hunted ducks. Great story and I really enjoyed those pictures. Thank you.
Al

I hope to see banking bills like that soon. I really enjoy seeing your pictures and congrats on a great trip.

Brandon, I am jealous my friend, just jealous..... I know I won't see anything like that here near Motown tomorrow morning, but I'm headed out solo, and I can only hope that it is memorable in it's own way.

Doug,
There is no one I would have rather had along on that hunt then you. I know your a puddle duck hunter but I don't believe its by choice more circumstance of where you live and hunt. Canvasbacks and Scaup decoying like that will make anyone into a diver hunter!

I need to download the pictures from the rest of the trip for you guys. I am back home now and recovering from a week off.. Today was the first day back to work and the reality of life for the family. No one enjoyed today!

Al,
I was quite a bit west of there. More like South Central ND. I don't post the town name our of respect for the friends that started me going there but as you know. Anywhere in the pot hole region of the Dakota's is amazing water fowling given the right circumstances.

I should add that the pot holes are dry. Not small and shrunken they are dried up. The only water I found was in the pasture lands where there were deeper water holes for Cattle. Obviously we did not ask to hunt those. The big potholes and lakes had water and some of them had birds. Bird numbers were low when we were there and I think that lots of migrators will fly over of stop for short periods of time. So if your heading out there this year just be prepared for that. All that said I still had a great time.

Last edited:
Back