Turkeys down

KThompson

Well it's been a good start to our season so far. My wife got her first bird, a double bearded jake, on 2nd day of AL season in winter temperatures and I've managed to pick up a couple of old gobblers that are close to the top of my list in weight. I'm getting greedy and hoping for a cpl more AL easterns before I head out to TX on April 10th to chase Rios... looking forward to hearing reports from Jode, Dani, Dave, Tod, etc..

Screenshot_2017-03-22-18-33-03_zpsl7okptu9.png

Screenshot_2017-03-24-14-19-36_zpsl0xkeydu.png

Thanks Steve! I couldn't remember if you were on here much anymore but I think of you at beginning of each season and those great merriams pics you use to send early spring from out West...

Very nice. Looks like turkey season is being much more productive than our duck season!

Nice going Kyle! We start on the 22nd, I'm hoping like you, the mild winter and lack of snow has the birds in prime shape. Time will tell!

Gorgeous birds Kyle! Congratulations. When did your season start?

AND CONGRATULATIONS to your wife!!!!!!!!!

Dani

March 15th. So far I've heard lots of good report from all over Alabama

Dani - Carl already said but the 15th... and that was the first time in my life I hunted turkeys in 20deg weather while it was sleeting! Second morning wasn't much different temperature wise and these AL birds thought it was winter again. I didn't hear the first gobble and managed to call in a couple of hens but honestly didn't expect anything other than the joy of getting back out after them. Brooke killed on next afternoon at 5PM and then I've killed at 1130AM and 5PM as well. Have had absolutely no success hearing birds on the limb or getting into birds early. I could stay after them from sunup to sundown though when time allows.

Good season so far, I been on a roll with 3/4 yr old birds past two season but finally found a dumb 2yr old.

Screenshot_2017-03-31-08-48-51_zps4oyvmilx.png

Kyle, I wish we could find us some REALLY dumb two year olds.

Congratulations on your dumb one.

Thanks Dani! And I must note for Steve that little 20ga continues to roll them at 30yds... about to get some more TSS shells loaded, gonna b my go-to gun from now on unless i hunt a rainy/sloppy day then I'll drag out my ol feather buster.

So I looked into the tss being I like the heavy 7s, simply put NJ law allows no shot smaller than 7.5. Wonder if the warden can tell if it's a 9 or s 6!

Back