Turn your trash into treasure

Rutgers

Is someones elses trash your treasure? I posted this hear a few years ago and int never seemed to take off, so I thought I'd try it again.

Here's what I was thinking. I cant tell you how many things I have that I bought at one time, and just never used it or whatever. I'm sure everyone has some stuff like this. What to do with it? It's not enough stuff to have a yardsale, Maybe too small to go through the hassle of posting on ebay or the classifieds here, but it keeps getting in the way or hogging up space.

Now is your chance to be free of it!

We could do a blind swap. Rules are quite simple.

Must be somehow related to duck hunting, boat building, or decoy carving, and still be in usable or working condition. Include as few or many items as you want that will fit in the big flat rate box.

Everyone put their names in and draw to see who you will be shipping your box to. See who thinks they got the best deal.

Examples of stuff you might want to send.

Stuff you got free at a banquet
book you dont read anymore
waterfowling stickers
a call you dont use
stuffed animal duck
hunting movie you've see 100 times
decoy head you've carved
old carving knife
something you made
something your ex wife gave you
The list goes on and on.

Is anyone game? This could be fun!

Oh, and if you happen to be an anti government type, fill a flat rate box full of decoy weights so it weighs 50 pounds and stick it to the man!

sounds interesting. i'd like to swap out some of the gear i don't use.
how big are the flat rate boxes?

Last call on this. I'll figure out a way to pick who everyone sends and receives a box from tonight or tomorrow. Post up if you still want in. It doesn't have to be a flat rate box. I was just thinking that the $10 flat rate would keep a known price for everyone. I think we could even have some kind of reward for best or worst item received.

Here is a list of who sends to who. All I did is went chronologically according to the posts. All you have to do is PM the person you are sending a box to and get their address. Will anyone have a problem getting their box out by Friday, Dec 12?

Rutgers to Brandon Yuchasz

Brandon Yuchasz to Scott Gentry

Scott Gentry to Lee Harker

Lee Harker to Shawn Hollis

Shawn Hollis to Andrew Holly

Andrew Holly to Jonathan

Jonathan to Matt Vanderpan

Matt Vanderpan to Andy Grant

Andy Grant to Alan Pendgraft

Alan Pendgraft to Larry J

Larry J to David Stern

David Stern to Gene Jr

Gene Jr to Rutgers

Everyone cool with this? IF for whatever reason you cannot participate, please post up as soon as you can so I can get the list re made. Thanks!

Looks good to me, I already PM'd Scott my address. Now I have to dig around and find that call you blew full of Scoal....

Back