Upcoming Duck Season and Covid-19

It will be interesting indeed, especially after seeing how the spring and summer have materialized. During turkey season,we had increased hunting pressure in my areas as well as it being the only time that the state has not required any type of tagging/registration of game, due to covid. The summer influx of boat traffic on the lake I live on has been unmistakable and the weekends are only for the brave and desperate. Quarantining is only something you see written on the billboards at the state lines. Mask wearing is fairly prevalent and required at most retailers. Tourism of the natural/scenic areas has increased as well due to some non resident traffic, but I think mostly stay at home vacationers and this has taken it's toll on those areas, mostly littering and disrespect for the area... in my opinion. The drought conditions (and increased fishing pressure) have really put the river and stream fisheries under the microscope, again, my opinion.

As for the duck season...my bookings have been strong and I look forward to the upcoming season. I anticipate added traffic on the water and in the woods but like most here, everything I hunt is on public watersheds so I may often be using plan B or C but good times are ahead. Good luck to all this season.

Back