Veteran's Raffle for Veterans Day...

Pat Gregory

With next Monday, November 11th being Veterans Day, the Duckboat Page is offering a Veteran's Raffle to members of this site who are Veterans. Here's how it works. Between now and, any veteran who is a member of this site should reply to this post with 3 things...

1. Name
2. Branch of Service
3. Years served

There is no charge to this raffle and all veterans and, active service members are eligible to sign up.

The winner of this raffle will receive a black duck decoy carved by Pat Gregory. This is a special decoy made with feather stamps given to Pat by the late Bob Hayden. Bob was an active member of this site and, is sorely missed. The decoy has a Michigan white cedar body and Wisconsin white pine head. It has vintage black hatpin eyes from Herters and is keeled and ballasted. Decoy includes the stand and will be shipped to the winning Veteran.

View attachment PICT0052.JPG
View attachment PICT0053.JPG
View attachment PICT0054.JPG

So, Veterans, begin signing up immediately and by 4:00pm CST, November 11th. On 4:00pm on 11/11, all names listed on this post will be put into a hat and the winner drawn. The winner will be announced on the Duckboat Page after 4:00pm on 11/11 and decoy shipped shortly thereafter.

We appreciate your sacrifice and, faithful service to our country. May God bless you for it!

Last edited:
Thank you Pat, I really appreciate the thought and kindness.

1. Mark Spolarich
2. U.S. Army
3. 1983 - 2004

Last edited:
Thanks Pat a wonderful idea. Thanks for thinking of us

Bill Vullo
United States Air Force
July 1979 - September 1999

Thanks for thinking of us

Mike Rowinsky
US Navy Special
GMG2 Boat Unit 12
1987-1992

Thanks again!

Mike

Last edited:
Don't put me in, I just thought that I'd say thanks for thinking of this for the veterans and active duty guys. My dad is retired Navy with 24 years in working primarily search and rescue. My brother is currently serving in Afghanistan with the Army as a Chinook pilot. I think this is a great idea as a way to say thanks...

Dani

Jim Bosanny Sr
14th army air force (flying tigers)
1943 to 1946

Thanks Pat !

Last edited:
UPDATE.............It's great to see the wide variety of service by the other vets that signed on so far......even a Fying Tiger. I'm honored to be associated with this group.

BTW, thanks Pat for this generoius offer.

Sorry. I meant to post this as an edit to my original post.

Last edited:
Amos M. (Mike) Chase
US Army-Oklahoma Army National Guard
1980-Present

Thanks to all those that have and are serving.
What a kind gesture Pat.

Last edited:
Back