WAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO

When we went to Crater of Diamonds State Park outside of Murfreesboro, we took the southern route.
Once you get out of Mobile, HWY 98 & HWY 49 are now almost all 4 lane now, so its pretty smooth driving even though its not interstate. When you get to Jackson, take I-10 west to Rayville or Monroe and then go north to Monticello.

If you decide to break up the trip, a stop by Battleship Park in Mobile is always nice.
And you can check out the 5 Rivers Delta Center, where I used to work. They have a couple of my mounts in the exhibit hall, and one of Chuck's coot decoys that I also donated when I "retired".
You could stay at Meaher State Park Campground, if they have any openings.
Lots of good seafood restaurants along the Causeway.

I dont see an advantage to taking the northern route.

SJ Fairbank said:
Great looking pups Dani. Do you have a favorite? I always have a hard time choosing.

So tough to know which one to choose from just pictures. I want em all!!! And turns out I am first pick for black males so I get to choose from all three of the little boogers.

Thanks Carl for the tips. Crater of Diamonds state park sounded like a cool stop but it is waaaaay out of the way (I didn't figure you were saying go there but it sure sounded cool so I looked it up). I have been to see the USS Alabama before but if I have a chance to stop at 5 Rivers Delta Center I will.

As I said....tough to know just from pictures. This is the yellow boy....he seems to be a chunky monkey

i-Mw2pBr2-L.jpg

i-7xtCprn-L.jpg

i-V7gWqkG-L.jpg

i-JCVkckv-L.jpg

Then the blue boy

i-X4dTXkD-L.jpg

i-b3XtPJq-L.jpg

i-CrXd8FP-L.jpg

i-KwzzC8b-L.jpg

i-WVKrchj-L.jpg

Then the purple boy

i-BfXP6Hj-L.jpg

i-RMP8Fj3-L.jpg

i-7CtR2cs-L.jpg

i-Pk94Bqb-L.jpg

i-4zzFDD8-L.jpg

HOW DOES SOMEONE PICK FROM ALL THAT CUTENESS?????

Blue Boy got that "somethin" that sez He's the One. Pose, attitude, natural ability, just right eyes, etc., a whole lot in that pup.

my 2 cents

Vince Pagliaroli said:
Blue Boy got that "somethin" that sez He's the One. Pose, attitude, natural ability, just right eyes, etc., a whole lot in that pup.

my 2 cents

Actually I was kinda thinking the same....I talked with the breeder yesterday and she said they were all giving attitude because they didn't want their pictures taken

Wow Dani those are some nice looking pups. Congratulations! I do not think you could go wrong, no matter which pup you choose.

gotta love new pups, my young one turned 1 today. Make sure you are prepared for the teeth and chewing.

Dani said:
Vince Pagliaroli said:

my 2 cents

Actually I was kinda thinking the same....I talked with the breeder yesterday and she said they were all giving attitude because they didn't want their pictures taken

That makes me smile. Very good pups with "Tude".

Very primal the relationship between folks and the dog they choose to become family. Something just clicks.

Brad Bortner said:
gotta love new pups, my young one turned 1 today. Make sure you are prepared for the teeth and chewing.

I am definitely going to work on puppy proofing the house but I think for the most part, I'll be missing out on the teeth thing. I am going up next week to pick my puppy but then he will stay there for another 6-8 months or so.

Dani, will the breeder temperament test? When I was running and doing some breeding, I would always have the litter tested (can't do your own, stranger must do it), and I would test others litters. I would determine the best pup for each owner. They could accept or not. Some folks were not very happy with that position/method, but I never had an owner complain, and had a waiting list for pups. If the breeder has interviewed you, does testing, and you have a good rapport, and has a recommendation, I would follow their lead. They see the pups every day and will know better their true personalities and not just a snapshot in time. At the end of the day, it is mostly a crap shoot, but if the breeder is conscientious, and professional, the health clearances are done, and the breeding is well thought out, that is the best you can hope for.

I don't know on the temperment test. I will ask them about that. I had to look that up.

This will be my first puppy that I pick. All of my other dogs have been older rescues so I'm not really all that worried about picking poorly since I've never had an option of a group of dogs really. I have always made it work out. Picking a puppy at this point is a crap shoot as you say....pick the breeder and breeding is what I've always been told.

If you take the northern route, through Birmingham, Oak Mountain State Park is fantastic. Mountains, hiking, fishing, etc..

I would budget $1500 for minor home repairs and personal item replacement after about a year for a puppy. Mine always seemed to find some molding somewhere that attracted their teeth, never figured it out. As for your route, you could do UCLA, the upper corner of lower Alabama. Dothan was always a happening town, at least it was in the 80's. An exciting adventure guaranteed to have a good ending.

I am back from my trip to Arkansas.

How do you pick from all the cuteness?!?!?!?

i-QdTXtbP-L.jpg

i-TjcbvbP-L.jpg

I played with the puppies for a day and a half or so. Belle tolerated the puppies, sorta kinda.

i-9WnchvG-L.jpg

i-gLxvgBn-L.jpg

The grounds are gorgeous for working dogs on. Belle had a grand time pointing pigeons and meadowlarks.

i-jBSsqxd-L.jpg

i-3dk4FRT-L.jpg

She even made the bold move (for her) to cross water when I called her in. She likes her feet to touch the ground when she is in the water.

i-CrJwzpN-L.jpg

I finally made a decision. Meet Reginald...aka Reggie....he just didn't look like a Mango....so I will save that for another dog.

i-Qg5KkHD-L.jpg

i-D8JGv65-L.jpg

i-6QQFQxc-L.jpg

It was tough to leave him there but I look forward to hopefully getting to go back and work with him...

I finally made a decision. Meet Reginald...aka Reggie....he just didn't look like a Mango....so I will save that for another dog.

You know, it's hard to name a pup before you meet them. I was dead set on naming my boy "Riot" for months before I even had a litter picked. But when I picked him up for the first time I knew that wasn't his name. He was Shadow from the first time I saw him.

Congrats on the puppy, it's a magical thing to watch them grow up and experience all kinds of things for the first time. Enjoy it!

Oh you'll have such fun with a puppy.

Of all the things I Trained my dogs on, the hardest was getting them to back up the trailer in the dark.

Back